X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• photographic assistance...

Hello.

Can someone help me please...

I need some snaps and / or advice on refitting the driver's side parcel tray + the underdash cowling carpet stuff that hides all the wiring / relays / heater pipe to drivers side vent. I've got all the bits, I think... - just not 100% sure which screw goes where.

Thanks.

Chris.

Unless anyone else helps out first, I'll have a look in the morning when there is a bit more light.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Thanks Arron.

Look forward to reading your post.

Chris

Comment

OK Chris, here we go....

The carpet is secured at the front edge to the underside of the dash on the right hand side by two clips :

On the left hand side it has a phillips screw and a large washer holding it onto a bracket that either comes off the steering column or from behind the switch panel - not sure which without dismantling but it should be there either way :

The carpet may be secured further back into the footwell by one or two bendy metal tabs - again I'm not sure without pulling mine to bits.

The shelf is secured on the right hand side with a screw and washer through a hole in the kick panel onto the side of the bodywork :

And on the left hand side of the shelf is is secured by a screw and washer to another bracket :

Finally, at the back of the shelf is a small clip which pushes onto the hardboard of the parcel shelf and then onto a horizontal metal tab which is welded onto the bodywork. This is the same mechanism that supports the rear of the glovebox. In fact, if you are missing the clip, remove the glovebox (two screws on the upper leading edge of the glovebox) and you might find you have 2 of these clips (only one is needed) :

Hope this helps !

CheeRS

Arron.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Nice one, Arron! I'll be saving this post for the time when I get that far down the line.

Comment

Thanks mate. I really appreciate it.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
            X