virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• virus

my new lap top has norton anti virus, but now its saying auto protect off but when you switch it on it has error. click on auto fix but isnt fixing it any ideas? downloaded fix from norton but still not on, browsing not safe! message on top of web page!
    Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

reload the norton...i had this about 6 weeks ago....did a reinstall and it was fine
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

how do you do that? it was on computer from new so dont have disc's?

Comment

I had a virus last year that disabled Norton altogether that was a pig of a thing to get rid of.

Comment

Originally posted by hally View Post
          it will be on one of the disc's you got with the laptop it will have other stuff on it aswell...

or buy a new copy of it for £30 from PC world
          sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

cheers...............

Comment

Maybe somebody could do u a back up copy as u have misplaced the orginal

Comment

no probs m8...i'm sure kel might have a better idea for you
                sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

just download this one Wayne, you only need to sign for registration they send you a key job done

Download free virus protection for Windows PC. Avast offers modern antivirus for today’s complex threats. Fast, simple, and 100% free. Try it today!

its free and I have been using it for 3 years now without a problem, Norton is a Machine hog, hate all norton product except Ghost which is superb

Comment

I had Norton and PC was very slow, I now run AVG which is free off the web. Had no issues with it..........yet.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Could be spyware - Norton and McAfee don't always pick them up. You should also use Ad-Aware and Spybot (both free from download.com).

If you keep having problems, F8 when the computer boots up and use safe mode to check.

Comment

Norton ar barstewards. Got the full blown jobby and had to disable half of the features to get the PC to run at more than one keystroke per minute - no joke! Only viruses inbound have been picked up by my freebie virus scanner AntiVir.

Norton subscription has run out now and I didn't renew. All of a sudden, Norton now triggers my AntiVir every 5 days with a "virus". Obviously to frighten me into renewing. I switch off Norton again (it switches itself back on every so often) and - hey presto - that "virus" doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Had Norton Back-up installed and PC was getting slower and slower. Instructed Norton to remove it and it took 3 days for Norton to undo all the stored back-up information!!!!!

Comment

norton is ...:winka:

as said , bin it and use ad aware

Comment

cheers brian, ill download that when i get in from work! do i need to take norton completly off my computer before putting avast on?

Comment

cheers brian, ill download that when i get in from work! do i need to take norton completly off my computer before putting avast on?
                              They aint keen on each other download it first then dump Norton

Comment

Working...
                              X