Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Lane

The RUDIT topic elsewhere got me thinking , anyone care to add regs/photos of past concours queens (cars not owners !) . I notice on the for sale board a black RS2000 FDT77V (I think) I have photos of this car in 1987 at Lowther Park RSOC Northern Day where it either beat or came second to a Java Green car that had Ghia wooden dash trim. If only my Porsche would sell I could be back in MK2 heaven.

As Ders also states there was MK1 YUR919N , vista orange , this car sat in the show room of 'Fast Lane' a garage nr Wigan a long time ago for ages. Don't think the garage trades anymore .

I had an old heap reg OEC902V , whatever happened to that !!!!!

Off into the loft to dig out photo collection......................

cheers, Paul
    sigpic

lol @ OEC "heap"

Wish mine was a similar heap as well

OEC is one of the better cars around (or should I say was around as not seen it this year)
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Fast lane motors.

Fast Lane motors went bang years ago. I remember that MK1 it looked mint but was big money and never seemed to sell. I remember a white W plate Custom with beige seats and 49k on the clock. That was the last time I ever went. Shortly after it closed down.

Does anybody ever remember RS North West?

They were the days.

Joe.
      sigpic

Comment

Joe , I remember RS Northwest , quite a few nice cars came out of there I recall , also Cityspeed I think did a few RS's . Then there was Mike Youngs , the mecca , I used to buy the Motoring News everyweek just to see what he had for sale. He always had the first corner in the classifieds , don't suppose anyone has an old MN with his ad' in that they could scan.
        sigpic

Comment

Hi Paul,
          can you remember the parts place that used to advertise RS parts in the MN, i am sure they were in Guildford? They had some stuff back then.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

do you mean WitheRS of WinsFORD? (not in Guildford, mind you)

Comment

Yes, I think that was Withers of Winsford. I never visited but I did go to Mike Young's in Ilford a few times before the Cossies and RST's took over the scene. I remember standing there; a goggle eyed teenager dreaming with my tongue hanging out at all the MKII RS cars he had. Bear in mind that this was about 1986 so some of the cars were only a few years old and in mint condition. I remember a black pre-custom, probably on an S plate up for £2800 and a white V Plate with tan fishnet interior for £4k. I was already hooked as I had been since watching 'The Professionals' and I bought my first car at 17 years of age - a white V plate with tan fishnet interior for £3200 from a guy in the Medway towns. The car FKR 973V - not sure if it still around ?

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Withers is the place, i knew there was a "ford" in it!

thanks Ders.

Comment

This was an MN advert around 1983 or so. The blue stripes were my wants list. Yes, I actually bought the new 69 litre tank and got it delivered to Germany where I was living at the time! Cost a fortune - no European Union at that time, so there were Customs and Import Taxes to pay, too!

Comment

Working...
                  X