made start to the day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• made start to the day

sold my vespa rally 180 on ebay last night, it finshed at 9.45 and the guy arrived from belgium this morning at 0540 to pick it up and then go to brum then leeds to buy some others and then back on the boat at 5.00 tonight

blimey he's keen

Comment

Originally posted by marky4 View Post
      blimey he's keen
      mind you trying to comunicate with three belguim geezers at 0540 in the morning after you went to bed at 1.30 with only one who speaks broken english was a chore

Comment

I think if anyone called at my door at that time I would tell them to do one.

I take it he was driving a small truck and was getting all the private buys loaded before the shops opened?
        We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by pushrod View Post
          I think if anyone called at my door at that time I would tell them to do one.

I take it he was driving a small truck and was getting all the private buys loaded before the shops opened?
          it was ok as we had already arranged it if he won, he owns a scooter resto place in belguim so was buying stock

Comment

So is Belguim the Vespa capital of the world.

Why is it that a lot of things ie cars and bikes, can be bought so much cheaper on mainland uk than in Ireland and now Belguim. Yet if you were buying a new car it's probably cheaper to buy it in France or Germany?

Where does all this money go. Into shiny showrooms?
            We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

Vietnam is the place for scooters, some top Lambrettas coming over from there just now. I quite fancy one myself actually.
              RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Originally posted by BigDave View Post
                Vietnam is the place for scooters, some top Lambrettas coming over from there just now. I quite fancy one myself actually.
                dave think very carefully about buying a lammy from vietnam m8, nice and shiney on the outside but a nightmare in the engines - put together by back street shops with very little skill, more ***e cans used in em than that.
                there is only one good shop over there, run by an ex pat they also have a place in the usa - name escapes me though

Comment

Originally posted by vinny View Post
                  mind you trying to comunicate with three belguim geezers at 0540 in the morning after you went to bed at 1.30 with only one who speaks broken english was a chore
                  I would have paid to watch that mate i bet it was something to see

Comment

nice one vin.....
                    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

Carl Prewitt by any chance? Was speaking with them last year when I was right into the idea. There engines are fully rebuilt or new units to your own spec. Look top bikes!
                      RSOC # 15852

New Zealand RSOC Editor

Comment

Sounds like the bloke who bought RUN 200N He was Belgian, As soon as I agreed to sell the car, he was over the next day with his trailer, Didn't really look over the car, just paid the full asking price, Loaded onto the trailer then went off to fetch some other parts from Liverpool

Name wasn't Dirk by any chance..........
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                          Name wasn't Dirk by any chance..........
                          I doubt thats a common name in Belgium

Comment

name was eric

Comment

nice one vin, of up to Leeds, not going to Rabs by any chance are they

bet the neighbours were watching eh vin....dodgy dealings going on at that time of the morning
                              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Working...
                              X