Main Dealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Main Dealer

Evening fellas. Can anyone enlighten me on where I stand in relation to a main dealer supplying a courtesy vehicle, when a customers is in for a warranty repair? My van wouldn't start after work yesterday, and cutting a long story short, the AA had to tow me to the main Renault Dealer, I had a hire car for one day through the AA, who then charge it to Renault assistance.
    I got told today by the Renault dealer, that it will be a few days till they get around to even looking at mine. When I ask for a courtesy vehicle, they turn around and say we have 18 breakdowns in and not enough courtesy vehicles, and everyone is crying out for one.
    Now I'm knackered without my van and time is money for work
    Surely there's a charge back somewhere? Or do I just have to grin and bare it?
    Cheers,
    Stu

i work for a ford dealer,we have got 2 cars and they are normaly booked up to 10days in advance, if we have cars come in and they ask for a car if we can help then we do but this isnt all ways the case,have you tired your insurance or even renault,not the dealer but renault customer care to see if they can sort out a replacement for you as its warrenty work

Comment

not easy one this m8...they don't have to give you a car m8
      thats why they call them courtesy cars....
      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

certainly the dealer's not responsible for replacement cars when a vehicle comes in on warranty. That's the manufacturers responsibility, courtesy cars have to be supplied for normal paying "service customers" says the manufacturer.

The dealership should fill out a VOR request for parts if they're not available, if that causes delays, but either you get the van taken to another dealer or (and) you should contact Renault, if you are in the cart down to a fault of a new vehicle I'd play merry hell down the phone till you get a replacement.

Ford and Jaguar, in Germany use Mondial service for warranty claims, they supply cars for customers that are left without transport.

For normal repairs however you've no "claim" to a replacement vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by rallyslag View Post
          i work for a ford dealer,we have got 2 cars and they are normaly booked up to 10days in advance, if we have cars come in and they ask for a car if we can help then we do but this isnt all ways the case,have you tired your insurance or even renault,not the dealer but renault customer care to see if they can sort out a replacement for you as its warrenty work
          Never thought of my insurance, Ill try tomorrow and give customer care a ring, cheers

Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
          not easy one this m8...they don't have to give you a car m8
          thats why they call them courtesy cars....
          I agree, but i think when you have a commercial vehicle, its a tool and when that tool stops working, it costs me money. I think a warranty should mean a guarantee as in "we will reimburse any losses incurred during the guarantee period" After all we pay enough when we buy them new.
          I do understand that they cant be courteous to everyone, and it is a franchise, but that's why I bought new, for reliability and peace of mind.
          I even heard today that a customers car was in there for 6 weeks before they had it back!!!
          I think the manufacturers should have a hire company or similar so a good supply of vehicles
          Rant over, maybe I will go play with me RS instead, wish that had an mot

Comment

we often get cars deliverd to use from car rentials places if a customer is left with out a car for 1 reason,normals from there insurance company or lease company if its a company car.defo worth a call to customer care to see if they can supply a car or recover loss of earning for the time its off the road

Comment

Ring renault customer services, always get the persons name and play holy hell !!!!!!! quote what dealer said about getting round to your vehicle I've worked for 2 manufactures and they always have vehicles they can lend out or the authority to pay for hire if it's there fault ie warranty claim

Cheers Gary

Comment

the aa will supply you one for 24 hours then your dealer can contact the manafactuer 24 hours after diagnosing your vehilce for vehicle hire!
                Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

Thanks for your replies boys.

Originally posted by hally View Post
                  the aa will supply you one for 24 hours then your dealer can contact the manafactuer 24 hours after diagnosing your vehilce for vehicle hire!
                  Yes I had a vehicle from the AA for 24 hours. Do you mean when they finally get around to looking at it? Drove past today and its in the compound still where we left it with the AA. They said a few days, hope this doesn't turn into weeks!
                  I emailed Renault directly last night, just had this reply.

Dear Mr Evans

Thank you very much for your recent e-mail regarding your Renault van. I am very sorry that there were no courtesy vehicles available at your Renault dealership.

The Renault dealerships offer courtesy vehicles purely as subject to availability. If they do not have any vehicles available at that time, then another option would be to find alternative means of transport at your cost. The warranty however does not provide for courtesy or replacement vehicle while your vehicle is under repair.

I can appreciate your comments and rest assured will forward them to the relevant departments, however your warranty and services booklet explains what we would offer under the warranty.

You are more than welcome to respond to this e-mail with your chassis number and the Renault dealership you contacted so we can log your comments here at Customer Services and forward them to the dealership concerned. Thank you for taking the time to contact us on this matter.

If you would like any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at Renault Customer Services via telephone or email us on
                  customer.services@renault.co.uk

Thank you once again for getting in touch.

Regards

Ebbah Odera (Miss)
                  Renault Customer Services

Looks like you were correct lads. I may be in for a long (and costly) time ahead
                  Cheers,
                  Stu

Comment

**** poor service that, blaming it on the dealer.

They aren't necessarily obliged to provide a replacement, but especially with commercial stuff they get their fingers out.

It may be some sort of mobility package that costs extra that guarantees you replacement?

Ring 'em up and make their lives hell, something will happen, if not try another dealer

Comment

Local Renault are pretty useless here.

Needed work on the Espace that they diagnosed in a service and was told 6 weeks before a courtesy car was available. Lucky its a company car so lease company organised a car and I only have to wait two weeks for the car to go in.
                      In the meantime the clutch cylider clevis broke off due to a shoddy repair so its been in since Tuesday and they haven't started to look at it yet.

Ash

Comment

When I had a Renault I was always puzzled by that sign "Renault minute service" as I never knew how to pronounce the word minute correctly.

Comment

Don't like French cars

At least they're not the bastards they used to be to work on, but still crap lightweight construction.

Still, the good old Transit has had loads of troubles in the last few years too!

Buy a hoss and cart lad, it that strikes give in a kick up the ass (and ) or a couple of sugar cubes and you're on your way again no piddlin about with those bloody French motors

Comment

They are right mate, the dealers only supply to availability. I work for a subaru/isuzu dealer and we come up against this problem all the time. Mondial assistance cover the cost for 48 hours but then we 'encourage' isuzu to pay the rest to keep the punters sweet!! they always oblige and the punters are happy. Maybe an isuzu rodeo next time mate instead of the renault van!!!
                            Ex-Chairman of 'The Clique'

Comment

Working...
                            X