is it just me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it just me?

or does a MKII interior just smell right...

i'd love to know what it is... my 1300 GL had it, my RS2's got it - and it gets better the longer you leave it in the garage with the doors shut in between fair weather days!

if i'm "not right" in the head, please tell me. it's been a long week...

Chris

lol - it sounds like you got a MKII Interior Fetish

Best not let you sit in my mota as its got an all new leather fishnet Recaro interior - lol lol lol
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

leather's gonna mask that smell, Dave!

still - saves you cr@pping yourself every time you sit on mint beta cloth thinking you're gonna wear it out, bloody fragile stuff that it is.

Comment

My last RS had a certain smell inside........sheep sh!t as it had been sat in a barn in Wales for 10 years.

I think they tend to get a bit musty if they are left shut up over winter - my current car certainly was. Not sure about the certain smell you are referring to though Chris. I think Dave might be right - some sort of fetish going on here

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

What you need is a special "floor vent" like the one in my mk2 , this gets rid of all unwanted smells
          sigpic

Comment

No thanks mate, I'll stick with my manky smell - you keep your 'vent'

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Go to Homebase and get a plastic container with dessicant crystals. Set it up on newspaper in the footwell and you will be amazed at how much water gets collected from the interior. You can get some in all sorts of smells but the neutral is best.
              When you use the car leave it behind wrapped up in a carrier bag or it will try and dry your garage out.
              It will keep your interior nice and dry when it is all shut up.
              Ash

Comment

Top idea, wish I'd thought of that !!!

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Get one with the crystals already in a bag, not loose as they are a bugger to keep in the plastic container and they will spill and may stain your carpet.
                  Ash

Comment

Drying your entire garage out is surely a good thing if your RS is in there...moisture traps collect an awful lot of water - I have four in my lock-up and they fill up fairly quickly you would be amazed! Keeps it moisture free and as dry as possbile which can only be a good thing...

Mine has been in storage since 1981 and smells like new new inside...its great!

Comment

my 4 yr old son loves to sit in the mk2 in the garage and smell it

Nutty Professor

Comment

Working...
                      X