The devil in me !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The devil in me !

Going to make the leap !Let me run this past use.My everyday car is worth 10k or so,I own it outright,so i'm thinking sell it,buy a 2k get me to work car,spend the difference on a rs2k .What am I likely to get for that sort of money,Ian Parker please please please....... .Seriously though am I likely to get something really good for that kind of cash[8k]as I wouldn't like to go ahead and be left with two piles of sh-te in the drive !!!!!!!Please advise.

Jim, imho, i think 8k is an awkward amount of money, a large amount, but an awkward one, in the sense that ,it should buy you a very nice car, but an everyday driver ?? i dont think you,d need to spend that much, 5-6k for a nice roadcar. I think once you get to 8k plus, then your into a car that you possibly wouldn,t want to drive everyday, a tough one, imo, 15 -20k, will buy you one of the best out there (that are known about)20k plus, will buy you a Tuscan car (only joking), i,d do the same, i,d just be scared of leaving it anywhere, my daily driver, is a £500 Peugeot diesel, gets left everywhere and doesn,t give my any grief, good luck

Comment

Hi Ian I'd not be using it everyday,i'd spend 2k on a car for work,but yes see what you mean 8k not enough !But too much !

Comment

should get a good rs for 8k m8

and 2k will get you a decent to work car

Comment

sounds a good split to me - reckon you could find a good combo for that money - my daily is an Pug 309 git ! ...... had it 9 years in march and its great

Comment

Originally posted by grum View Post
            my daily is an Pug 309 git ! ......
            Had one of those for a while, a Goodwood and yes grum it was a right GIT

But the lift-off oversteer was fun!!!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

look on old skool ford m8. theres a nice one linked on there. 1978 orange with full resto. looks nice £7995..

Comment

Originally posted by richie View Post
                look on old skool ford m8. theres a nice one linked on there. 1978 orange with full resto. looks nice £7995..
                this one here.....http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/...hp/carno/14221
                😯

Comment

Fckuing lurvly, 8K bit more than I want to pay, but got to be worth it, best colour there was (although peppermint venetian terracotta and signal yellow all being top colours) the engine bay looks absolutely drooltastic

Comment

jim, a £10k car will next year be worth maybe £9k, and continue to drop each year.

you can get very good everyday cars for not a huge amount of money, as long as you choose wisely. £8k on an RS, again chosen carefully will get you something that will be very good indeed and shouldnt need too much expenditure, but be prepared to budget for bits that will nearly always need doing.

what you end up withis a daily driver that has already depreciated and will only loose small amounts year on year, and a car that will give you endless fun, and no doubt go UP in value as time goes on, so its an investment at the same time.

i reckon you should go for it

Comment

Yep 8k should get you a very nice RS.
                      I've just bought a second car, I spent all of £20 on a N Reg Rover with 6 months Tax and Test to do the running around in so will now be giving the RS a rest from been my daily driver.

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

I seem to have got tha bug quite bad,was lying in my bed the other nite and dreamt that I found one I had previously owned[avitar]in someones driveway covered in rusted corrigated sheets,car was still loverly though,put in a battery,started first turn,then wife had a touch of the horn and woke me up

Comment

RS2000's are nice but rather the wife with the horn anyday.
                          My wife that is .
                          cheeRS
                          Ian
                          sigpic

"Live everyday as if it was your last, because one of these days, it will be."
                          Jeremy Schwartz.

"Better to burn out than fade away"

Comment

Originally posted by Nipper2000 View Post
                            RS2000's are nice but rather the wife with the horn anyday.
                            My wife that is .
                            Trrrrrrrruue !

Comment

Working...
                            X