Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what can i expect to pay?

hi there

another newbie here, live in hampshire. Have been in to old fords since my Dad had a 53 Anglia and a 48 prefect as a kid. and then he bought a 79 3.0 Capri a few years ago, he's ford man and i guess i have inherited it.

I don't have a classic at the mo but really want a rs2000 mk2.
    can any one tell me what i would expect to pay for a) mint recently restored example and b) a very good original.

thanks look forward to hearing from you

si
    If life is like a box of chocolates, how come i still have to go to work.

CheeRS Si

Welcome

A) £9K-1?K +++++
    B) £6k-£9k

to give you a good idea

Comment

welcome to the site simon,

what part of hampshire are you from, Im near southampton
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Kel View Post
        Welcome

A) £9K-1?K +++++
        B) £6k-£9k

to give you a good idea
        http://board.automotiveunlimited.co....opic.php?t=233

Very nice looking car, out of price range though, prices higher than i thought. better get one before they go up any more. digs down side of sofa

Hi Dave thanks, i am from Farnborough.

cheers si

CheeRS Si

Comment

Cynically i know, but £1.5-2k will get you a total basket case, £3-£4k a bodged up 20-owner car with no history (or solidity - anywhere), and £5k something average as we would have termed many years ago with some work outstanding to make fairly good to satisfactory . It's that silly at the moment, trust me i've been looking with £5.5k and still drive a C200.

Rage Against the Machine

Comment

Simon, you can get them at a lower price but usally is pure luck.

Found mine on the autotrader website 3 years ago.

pictures from when I viewed the car, not like that now....
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Aqua

I knew that they were fetching a lot of money, didn't realise quite how much.

Very new to the car restoration game so hoping to find something that needs no work to start with so that i can learn as i go along ie servicing and repair as needed. would love a car that i can show and enjoy at the same time.

si

CheeRS Si

Comment

Kel

SAme colour as dads capri very nice, drooling already (is that sad)

si

CheeRS Si

Comment

Originally posted by simon79 View Post
                  Kel

SAme colour as dads capri very nice, drooling already (is that sad)

si
                  Some people in here drool over parts for that cars not just the cars... LOL (guilty)

Comment

Lol.... Thats ok then, my mates think i am mad "its only a car" they cry.

Just like to say what a fantastic site this is, informative and friendly.

si

CheeRS Si

Comment

I have a semi basket case and it was over around £3K only a couple of years ago I bought a couple of really nice one for under £4K not anymore sadly, unless as Kel says you are lucky but theres a lot of people on the hunt up and down the country for profiteering sad but true, the real enthusiasts are getting priced out

welcome anyway and good luck with the search
                      Brian

Comment

thanks people will keep looking

si

CheeRS Si

Comment

Dave King lives near me and has just brought my attention to his car, looks very nice, anyone else no it?
                          and what is OFE? as in the advert.

cheers si

CheeRS Si

Comment

isnt that your old car Brian

Comment

OFE was my Yellow one which is Now in Aberdeenshire

David Kings car is a very nice example cant go wrong with that one

Comment

Working...
                              X