Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Track question?

Happy new year all,
    A quick track question for all you track veterans, What does it actually mean when the Croft rs track day it "track run open" Ive heard of open pit lane and the like,but never knew what any of it actually meant
    cheers Paul
    sigpic

An agreed number of cars on track - say 25 or 30 etc

As 1 car comes off track then another car can join the track

Session lasts 2 / 3 hours etc

Cars can go on and off track as much as they like within the session

When you ready to go on track you simply que up in the pit lane
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

the pit lane is always open go in and out as u please,unlike rs national day were uget like 30mins on then off for an hour etc

Comment

cheers lads that was quick, I get it now
        sigpic

Comment

imo open pit lane days the best if your car is upto it

Comment

Hows different classes work then Novices could be mixed with expert class ??? Sounds like a rolling road block
            sigpic

Comment

Ability Classes make no difference as nobody wants to admit to being a Novice and nobody wants to admit being Expert - lol lol

Everyone wants to be in Intermediate for some reason

Expert class can be more fun (generally) as the people on track know the rules (they may not abide by em though) and as long as you use your mirrors to move over for faster cars then never really a problem
              cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

yes paul the rsoc seam to put all the knobs with 400 bhp in the experts but they dont do corners only straights then when u catch em they seam to be put out to move over but if you catch em who is lapping quicker ???????????????

thats why on open pit lane days it works most of time , elvington a great track days but not with javelin

Comment

Its all becoming clear now cheers lads, Well my old Betsy will have to be quick in the bends cos it wont have a right lot of go go,Just got to finish it now!!!
                  Thanks again paul
                  sigpic

Comment

get your finger out and get it finished

Comment

I will, Ricky I will, Sent me cheque for croft so I will have to pull me finger out now, mate
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X