X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody work for themselves??

Guys

As above...

I'm thinking of going freelance, and setting up my own accountancy practice...but knowing what to quote/charge is a bit tricky...

if anybody works for themselves, and can give me a bit of insight into whether they have an accountant, what specific services they provide, and what sort of costs they charge etc, it would be most appreciated!

I'm thinking of concentrating on the book keeping and taxation side initially.
    Obviously, I'd be happy to be PM'd on the subject.

Cheers!

Simon

Good luck Simon..its the way to go!

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

yes all the best to you, hope it works out
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

I have an accountant, very good he is too, see him a couple of times a year, once with good news, then one with bad, work it out for yourselves, good guy, sensible on the fees, and most importantly, knows how to duck and dive basically just takes care of my books.

Comment

Hi Simon. I'm self employed on the cis4 scheme, and I use an accountant. Just to give you an idea of what he charges it was £550 last year to do my tax return to get a rebate. But I find this is a bit on the salty side for what he really does, and I do know other accountants that charge 10% of the rebate achieved,
          Cheers
          Stu

Comment

Stu

cheers for that info..you have PM!

Simon

Comment

i've been self employed for the last 12 years.my accountant charges about 240 plus vat to complete my annual return.

went into a partnership 2 years ago. he charged us just under £600 to do the business return. had to go vat registered last month and he mentioned £120 per quarter to do the vat return but advised us to do it ourselves on line.

Comment

cheers Alby for the info..you also have PM!

Simon

Comment

My brother is an Acc and he does end of years for £200 , works full time for a big bank

Comment

Brian

nice one....i'm getting some good feedback info from people here.

You have PM!

Cheers

Simon

Comment

Working...
                    X