How much is your mortgage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tawelfryn

What do you do in the constuction industry?

I work in construction industry and so far we have not seen a slump in new houses/ flats / buildings etc?

I work in the precast concrete industry , laying the floors .
    sigpic

Comment

tut tut lives in derbyshire and supports the reds. you should be shot.

Comment

Gaz Im a bricky, working for one of the biggest contractors in S Wales, and there has been a downturn over the last year, also I normally work away during the summer chasing the coin, and there just hasnt been the call for it. Rates havent gone up in a few years, and have even gone down. I have a few bricky mates around the country gathered up over the years, and everyone is reporting the same
        Maybe its just me looking on the dark side, but I suppose you do when your self employed with no job security
        CheeRS
        Stu

Comment

Originally posted by richie
          tut tut lives in derbyshire and supports the reds. you should be shot.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tawelfryn
            Gaz Im a bricky, working for one of the biggest contractors in S Wales, and there has been a downturn over the last year, also I normally work away during the summer chasing the coin, and there just hasnt been the call for it. Rates havent gone up in a few years, and have even gone down. I have a few bricky mates around the country gathered up over the years, and everyone is reporting the same
            Maybe its just me looking on the dark side, but I suppose you do when your self employed with no job security
            CheeRS
            Stu
            There must be some busy brickies somewhere as we have been flat out for at least 5 years now , the company i work for has grown, when i started there were 30 of us there is about 120 of us now.
            sigpic

Comment

This time last year, there was about 100 brickys and 50 labourers on our firm, theres about 15-20 now, must be an area thing. Also theres never any ads in the papers, or even the jobcentre website for brickys down here

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
                There must be some busy brickies somewhere as we have been flat out for at least 5 years now , the company i work for has grown, when i started there were 30 of us there is about 120 of us now.
                where do you work gaz

Comment

Originally posted by tawelfryn
                  This time last year, there was about 100 brickys and 50 labourers on our firm, theres about 15-20 now, must be an area thing. Also theres never any ads in the papers, or even the jobcentre website for brickys down here
                  That is shit mate ..you will have to get some beam and block floors thrown in
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
                    That is shit mate ..you will have to get some beam and block floors thrown in
                    Groundworking firms usually got that sown up

Comment

£1018 pcm, £160k outstanding - but that's what you get when you get divorced and have to start again ! Still the house is worth the thick end of £400k so we've got plenty of equity - well thats what I keep telling myself anyway !

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

£359 a month with insurance and only 15 years left.
                        Steve Marden.Mk2 RS2 gone, now got a 420 BHP 3dr Moonstone Sierra Cosworth, its fun.

Comment

Never made a mortgage payment in my life , wife pays it ....and the gas, electricity and insurance, couldn't even tell you how much it is but I know theres about 7 years left on it .
                          sigpic

Comment

a bit the same here Paul, wouldnt have a clue how much we got in the bank, all I know is that everything is ok and nobody goes without
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA View Post
                              a bit the same here Paul, wouldnt have a clue how much we got in the bank, all I know is that everything is ok and nobody goes without
                              What I meant was , she pays it , the wife has her bank account and I have mine , she looks after the mortgage and I look after the RS . Never had a joint account and we've been married 17 years. She pays for certain things out of her pay and keeps the rest , I pay for things out of mine and keep the rest.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit View Post
                                it was £215k 5 bedroom
                                round here you'll be looking a close to a Million for a 5 bed detached.

£740 PCM 14 year term.

Comment

Working...
                                X