No announcement yet.

Some puddles are deeper than u think !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some puddles are deeper than u think !

We have had a bit of rain here the last few days, and coming back from the shops ourside wimborne on a main road I was greeted wi a big puddle, well river. There was cars stopped on the other side, I thought no probs I'll get thru that....

ummm well 1/2 way accross the engine dies, and I am parked right in the middle of it. Try to turn engine over but it won't even turn over.. shit I thought... ofter bout 5 mins the engine turned over and I got it running slammed iit into reverse and tried to get out... after another 10 mins I finally got out... had to let the engine dry out.... turns out the water was up to my doors, and of course the engine in the GTA is quite low. ummm

still made people think twice when they saw me there, well apart from the 4x4 who just went flying past sending water all over me.. thanks.

A big relief to get out of that... had a 20 mile detour to get home, but good to dry the car out.

A fun day.... went home and attacked the RS with a grinder, got the sill off anyway.

M@rk
    [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
    Ex X-pack owner

i went thru a flooded bridge in a 2.8i capri, engine cut out, went back next day and the engine had seized.

despite dragging it for 10 miles trying to bump start it free, it never went again.

Nutty Professor

Comment

lucky boy, there is a lane called wych lane , near me that has a dip that floods in heavy rain, last year, a transit risked it, only to conk out, within minutes the water was upto the windows, and he climbed onto the roof before being rescued , made the local news........LOL

Comment

Look at the mess doctor foster got into when he stepped into a puddle
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
          Look at the mess doctor foster got into when he stepped into a puddle
          You need a rubber ring when it rains
          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

dont want to sound patronizing, but why did you ignore the signs ???

you townies, a little trip to the countryside and look what happens !!!

Comment

I went thundering down a place called coffin hill on my 350 into this puddle which was a lot deeper than i thought needless to say me and bike soon parted company and i was left soaked as well as looking a grade 1 ****

Comment

Originally posted by grum
                dont want to sound patronizing, but why did you ignore the signs ???

you townies, a little trip to the countryside and look what happens !!!

Was going to fast to see that !!
                [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Your very lucky Mark,

A 156 2.5 v6 was towed into us this week with a large hole in the block, like yourself he drove through a puddle and the engine took in water with result threw a connecting out the engine casing. Estimate to repair £3850 inc

Vince

Comment

One of our works vans went through a huge puddle last year. The engine hydraulic'd and that was the end of that!!!!! Diesels beware of puddles!
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

come back from rally day at coombe, it was very wet, in the dips at salisbury saw a queue of cars, in the middle of a great puddle some lads in a pug 205 were stuck, the car was lowered etc, the driver opened door and i pmsl, straight over the sill the water gushed in.
                      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

last year i hit one real quick hoping id go straight through it, didnt work, tore my plate off and i cutout in the middle. drove it out the puddle on the starter, and then dried out the dizzy on the other side.

hooned it across a waterlogged road last night too, about 100m long, car was pulling in all directions but i had a big splash either side, it felt well cool

http://theplateman.com/ - euro/german plates

Comment

Originally posted by vtaggart
                          Your very lucky Mark,

A 156 2.5 v6 was towed into us this week with a large hole in the block, like yourself he drove through a puddle and the engine took in water with result threw a connecting out the engine casing. Estimate to repair £3850 inc

Vince
                          Vince, ouch, I think i was very lucky then, hate to think how much the 3.2 would cost to repair....
                          [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                          Ex X-pack owner

Comment

hey Mark, you remember coming back from The Bulldog a few years ago with all that standing water on the roads from Builth to Abergavenny ? - bet today werent as exciting as that night !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by grum
                              hey Mark, you remember coming back from The Bulldog a few years ago with all that standing water on the roads from Builth to Abergavenny ? - bet today werent as exciting as that night !!!!
                              lol yes heart in mouth.. mind u today just before i hit the puddle i was giving it a go with a new golf GIT and this bird flew out towards me, as i swerved hit big puddle.. ouch.. not good on 235 tyres i can tell u !!

Mark
                              [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                              Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Working...
                              X