• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Mobile Camera

Anybody help !!

Does anybody know if it’s against the law for the police with a hand-held
    Speed gun to hide in a bus stop, there was no sign and their car was
    Hidden.

The only thing I can think of is that I could ask for there calibration certificate
    And hope it wasn’t done on that day.

But I have heard that they have to be visible as a deterrent and not just a money
    Making scheme.

Cheers Gary.
    sigpic

My Car in The vBGarage

I got done the same way in Nottingham the other month. Was not at all pleased!!!!!!! There were no signs or anything on show to say that there were speed checks being carried out. I was on my way to the QMC to visit my daughter after she was taken into the hospital from nursery but wasn't that much over the limit. 10mph max. The Bast*rds didn't even take this into account. Am thinking of appealing against this as I see it being a slight bit unfair. A not very chuffed Frosticles.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I'm not totally sure on this one but I think it goes something like this....

If your constabulary subscribes to the government scheme where they keep a certain amount of the fine cash raised by the cameras then there are a few basic rules the fixed, and I assume mobile, cameras must obey :

1. Must be painted yellow (i.e. visable)
      2. Must be on an accident blackspot (definition of this is a bit wooly)
      3. Cannot be hidden behind anything
      4. There must be signs warning you of speed camera activity at least 1km before the camera itself.

If the force concerned does not do all of the above it does not mean you will get your conviction overturned but it does give you a starting point for 'having a go'.

There is a web site for cameras etc. but I'm not sure of the address. Try doing a search for it.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

We have a mobile camera van around the A590 to Barrow it has its rear doors painted in hi visibilty chevrons with 2 opening windows in them for the camera to point out of...... only thing is the crafty plod swings both the rear doors open againt the side of the van so you cant see the bloddy hi vis markings from a distance and it just looks like a van with its back open.........sods.
        Just watch out for it when you leave the M6, if any of you are comming to the cumbria RSOC show in May.

cheeRS
        RSOC No: 14406
        RSMK2 No: ***

Comment

Try here for help, think this is the site Arron meant..
          This site was founded over 15 years ago to provide information to British drivers on Speeding issues. It is the longest established and the pre-eminent site
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X