Burtons and samco hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burtons and samco hoses

Just wondering if anyone else off here has ordered any black samco hoses from burtons and received SFS hoses instead?

Got home from work today and there was a parcel from burtons it was a some hoses in a samco box but inside was SFS hoses which i did not oreder ...i want SAMCO'S

anyone else had this and did burtons replace them for samcos?
    sigpic

I asked burtons for samco hoses and was told that sfs was the same as samco and thats what i would receive, I explained that I only wanted samco and they insisted they were the same, cancelled the order and got samco from rally design.

Also asked burtons for a complete set of superflex polly bushes and received about 75% powerflex 25% superflex.

Comment

I told them i wanted samco but they did not tell me they would be sending me SFS hoses in a samco box , if i'd have known they would be SFS i would not have gone ahead with the order . Will ring em tomorrow
      sigpic

Comment

Bought my Samco's from Burtons. Samco's in a Samco box. No probs. Shouldn't have a problem though Gaz as Their customer service is usually top notch
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Got to admit the SFS hoses do look as good a quality as the samcos

But i want samco hoses that say samco on them .....Boo Hoo
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
            But i want samco hoses that say samco on them

got any tippex

Comment

Originally posted by GAZ W
              Got to admit the SFS hoses do look as good a quality as the samcos

But i want samco hoses that say samco on them .....Boo Hoo
              GAZ<<<Stamps feet crosses arms and frowns

Comment

Gaz silicone hoses leak water LOL..never really seal... Use standard ones u concours puff

Comment

Originally posted by dingy
                  Gaz silicone hoses leak water LOL..never really seal... Use standard ones u concours puff
                  Mine don't
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Mine didnt on my cossie either
                    sigpic

Comment

I own the Carnoisseur shop in Milton Keynes and Samcos are a nightmare. The leadtime on a set ordered direct from Samco is 8 to 10 weeks and i usually have to wait as im only stock a few sets. Having said that i,m not making excuses for Burtons. They should tell people that theres a long wait for Samcos and ask them if they would they consider an alternative. It doesn't hurt to be straight with people.

Comment

When i phoned burtons up today and asked why they sent me SFS hoses instead of samco they said it was because samco do not do a kit for a rs2000 that uses twin carb set up and sfs do , they failed to tell me that though at the point of ordering ,at first they said send em back for a refund but were not refunding you the postage .
                        After much arguing that it was there fault for not telling me that samco dont do the kit and it will be sfs that they send i got em to refund the postage too

Burtons should make people aware of this at the time of ordering
                        sigpic

Comment

i ordered a set from rally design and they arrived two days later for just under £90 last year

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohnie
                            i ordered a set from rally design and they arrived two days later for just under £90 last year
                            Was that for a car running 2 45's ? Or standard carb?
                            sigpic

Comment

gaz was my terracotta car running 44 idfs.i just used a joining piece behing airbox and you wouldnt know

Comment

Working...
                              X