No announcement yet.

vinyl or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've clicked to remove the vinyl, but you better do something so as not to look too much like martins car....

Comment

get it off and put a sunroof in it "lark"
      Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

70,s

70,s RULE and so do vinyl roofs!!!!!
        Keep it on!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop
          i've clicked to remove the vinyl, but you better do something so as not to look too much like martins car....
          lee - it should look different to Martins car because it is not the same colour...mine is signal amber..his is orange76. They are similar though.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

doh, lee.................
            go back to reading your .
            sigpic

Comment

I think it looks **** on as it is Ders, the black roof offsets the colour of the car nicely, makes it look dead 'mean'.

RSOC Member - 6960

Comment

Keep the vinyl, you know it makes sense...

Dave..

Comment

keep it, its a nice period piece and sets off the orange nicely. btw, if you are releasing one back into the wild, please keep me in mind.
                  ta

Rage Against the Machine

Comment

thats a hard one ders as it looks nice with the colour! but whats ur gut feeling, looks or original? id keep it myself but do what you feel cos its a top colour!! when do i get to see the car mate!

Comment

Originally posted by rsjohn1
                      thats a hard one ders as it looks nice with the colour! but whats ur gut feeling, looks or original? id keep it myself but do what you feel cos its a top colour!! when do i get to see the car mate!
                      John - the vinyl has been fitted very well c/w finishing mouldings etc but its only since i discovered it never came out the factory with it, that i want to change it back.
                      This said, there cannot be many amber ones left..and the vinyl makes it that bit different.

Wont be out the garage with it for a while as i am putting the engine from BAY into it. You are welcome to pop in anytime you are in Glasgow.

cheeRS Ders.

Comment

if i was painting it all over and the vinyl wasnt hiding anything i would leave it off.

if i was going to do minor work'(ie not a full respray) i'd leave it as it is

its your car do as you will, but enjoy it !

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77
                          doh, lee.................
                          go back to reading your .
                          seeing as my monitor only has 16 colours, its difficult to tell

Comment

undecided

some cars look alright with them on and that is one of them - think its cos of the contrast of the paint with the black roof, stripes, glass surrounds, spoiler

i'd go to keep it on, unless the thing is fading or starting to lift etc

Comment

IMO its a great period mod, however, it it didn,t leave the line with it. Then off with it Ders !!! . Make the most of that stunning colour.

Comment

its your car,but I like it
                                sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Working...
                                X