Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay T******

I bought this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...DR18%26fvi%3D1

for £26.94 inc post then the git said oh Northern Ireland will be £10 extra, I said wouldnt think so they only cost £5 to post here , I had paypalled him, he refunded it the 5 days later wants me to pay £3 extra postage after I basically told him to poke it, now The Scottish Asian LATIF ASSOCIATES LTD Greenock have started a Ebay dispute for NON payment , I think the phone could be getting a Bash on Monday morning !!

Rant not quite over yet !!!
    Last edited by Banishit; 02-09-2006, 23:11.

In his write up !

Shipping to N.Ireland, Islands and Scottish Highlands
    Buyers from N.Ireland, Islands and Scottish Highlands, please confirm the postage before the purchase. There is a courier surcharge of up to £10 depending on the size and weight of the parcel.

Knowing the way Ebay work they will go against you Brian !!

They will say it is in his advert

Even though it is clearly a rip off to inflate P + P

But Ebay seen to allow this to happen

cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

brian if you want one they are £25 in the shops here

i will get you one and send it over if you want me to

but there will be NO charge for over the water just what it cost me....

let me know....cheeRS
      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

thanks for that Paul

its only as it was £20 plus the free model and post it worked out cheaper than down my local place, not now LOL

Yeh I know Dave but I shall leave feedback too LOL, but I had asked for postage prior to payment !

Comment

and if one or two others also buy the item and leave negative feedback regardless of how well the transaction went...............

Comment

I'm surprised at you, Brian!

The United Kingdom which he quotes the postage for in the official eBay postage section IS Northern Ireland !!!!!

If he had quoted Great Britain or England etc., then he could add a surcharge. As you know, the full definition of UK is "The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland", so unless eBay wants to change territorial borders (could be possible, it being American!) he's on a loser.

Any twadlle in the advertising blurb is surely secondary to the official P&P entry in eBay - sort of like if he wrote in his spiel "eBay transaction guarantees don't apply here".

Comment

Dasa I did point this out, his retort was but we use a courier firm which charges extra to NI which most do apart from of course Royal Fail

Comment

i'd tell the fuker that hes getting 6.95 or nothing, if he wanted to charge more for other places he should of specified that in the postage section

deserves a neg imho

failing that, send it to one of your mates on the mainland who will send it on
                Last edited by topaz; 03-09-2006, 09:55.

Nutty Professor

Comment

Originally posted by topaz

failing that, send it to one of your mates on the mainland who will send it on
                  oply thing Neil is it will cost another £5 to send to me

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
                    oply thing Neil is it will cost another £5 to send to me
                    hi bri,
                    get it sent to me, i can in turn get it over to you /Newtownabbey at the end of september if you dont mind the wait

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

Recieved a reply this morning

When you commit to buy, ebay charges us listing fee and 10% commission right away. To have that payment refunded we have to go through an unpaid item process which then refunds our payment after 7 days. If you check our first email we gave you a choice of 4 different postage costs not only the £17 option. Normally buyers from N.Ireland always check the postage prior to the purchase but few in the past did not read the listing instructions and when informed they sincerely apologised for the error on their part and the transactions were completed. Although you do have a good feedback but we were surprised with your response. You could've at least admitted the fact that you did ignore our listing and winning notification instructions. However thank you for letting us know that you do not want the model. We will close the dispute automatically after 7 days once our fee is refunded by ebay. Regards: team acc4u

Comment

i get people trying that all the time on ebay. just because im in the west coast of scotland near the islands, doesn't mean im not on the main land!

some times i think there just trying to take advantage of peoples good nature and hope they just go "oh ok heres another £10 for the postage"

cheeRS

Comment

Working...
                        X