Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh the Life of an RS

firstly this appears

does anybody on this site know of or own a white rs 2000 custom, reg No WFR 682V. i owned this car in 1986/87 and whilst walking around nat day you try and see if any of your old cars are still alive. according to the dvla it is on file and registered as untaxed.just curious to see if its still going. any help would be appreciated.

then a week or two later a reply and what a reply

Just Spotted this thread on the way to RS1600i forum.
    I owned this car from 'new' in 1980. Bought from Malcolm Wilson Motorsport as his business was known in the good old days! I ran the car for a year or so and p/x it for a new xr3 from Malcolm. The car was Black and and as far as I can remember it was involved in a very bad accident in Great Clifton nr Workington shortly after its new owner got the car, how it was later White in colour is a mystery. Please pm me and I can arrange some pictures of the RS when I had it.
    David.

Something a bit strange , how could Mr Wilson be selling 'new' RS2000's as he wasn't an official dealer , he would have been working from either his fathers scrap yard or possibly by then in his own premises at Carlisle . Also if new wouldn't it have been on a Cumbrian plate , *HH , *RM or *AO .
    I know the stretch of road the guy talks of where the accident occured .
    sigpic

Comment

good to see you are on the case ruddy nowt gets past you m8

Comment

should i be worried cos my cars originally from cumbria!!!
        cheeRS

Comment

But didn't MW sell RS cars (as a dealer) long before he was sub-contracted by Ford to build their rally cars? (and not under the name MWM) And the geographical connection to the registration was dropped at some time - I can't remember which year though...
          Last edited by TimGR; 29-08-2006, 07:51.

Comment

Working...
          X