• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can find out,

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

Personally in my honest opinion, concours shouldnt change at RSOC Nat Day, the auto glym way is the best alternative.
      There doesnt seem to be a problem in any other class categories that i am aware of except the class of standard MK2, putting 2 and 2 together isnt hard but the judges decision is final, the opportunity to change what seems to be a bit of a gripe is up to members at various AGMs etc, sort it out pistols at dawn.

Cheers Dave
      MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Originally posted by topaz

do we know how many people actually sign on at an event like national day ?
        I did and I am a proud owner of my National Day 2006 Plaque
        cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

as there RS's they should have to do at least 1 lap of the track as a rule for concourse

Comment

no problem Tim, Im sure if the olde pop can drive 320 miles to and from donno a lap round the circuit should be a breeze.
            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

i think it has to change if you are to get the old skool guys in to the rsoc again,i think they take it far,far too seriously to start with.am i right in saying you have to register before the show season starts to enter i.e you cant just turn up on the day and enter if this is so why not.i.e for no mexico's to be entered at national day is pretty awful.also you dont have many mk1's entering either,i think they asked on this site for some feed back not so long ago,can i ask what has been done about this,same as the question about online voting for the commitee as there are many members up here in scotland who cant attend the agm .

Comment

Originally posted by Dave1800BDA
                no problem Tim, Im sure if the olde pop can drive 320 miles to and from donno a lap round the circuit should be a breeze.
                sideways on cn36's on hope

Comment

if it goes autoglym way, you'll get less cars you'll probley just get the
                  best standard & best modified !
                  so joe bloggs that can't afford a car to that spec will drop out !
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigjohnie
                    am i right in saying you have to register before the show season starts to enter i.e you cant just turn up on the day and enter if this is so why not.
                    This was brought in several years ago (before my time) due to cars keep on changing round between classes in each show depenging on who else was there.

Yes it meant that there were lots of cars all with first place, but few classes had competition.

It would be like Spence turning up in WOH, seeing Deepest in XPT parked in modified, thinking foook that for competition so entering in Working class/Intermediate on the day. Now I'm sure Rab would not be happy if that happened.

Originally posted by RabC-RS2-77
                    if it goes autoglym way, you'll get less cars you'll probley just get the
                    best standard & best modified !
                    so joe bloggs that can't afford a car to that spec will drop out !
                    The whole autoglym opinion is just on how the cars would be judged, not the standard of the cars on show.

www.rscarshows.co.uk
                    2006 AUTO GLYM Grand Final, class F (1991-2004) Winner,
                    2006 FORD FAIR STANDARD CAR OF THE SHOW
                    2006 & 07 & 08 RSOC National Day Standard RS Fiesta Winner,
                    2006, 07 & 08 RSOC Expert post class Gold cup winner,
                    2007 & 08 OVERALL GOLD CUP WINNER

Mk2 Custom - 2l Pinto, flat front, 5 speed MT75 box, - NOW SOLD

Comment

what graham had said is the way we irish rsoc judge the cars, its the peoples choice really which is a better way to judge cars IMO......but you have to be a paid member to get a form to fill in.....

Comment

Working...
                      X