Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO Vinny or any other XR2 owner

Hi there.

Was wondering were to get more info on these cars, esp the MK1 as I'm thinking of buying but need to know the 'usual' places to look for rust or mech. probs.

There does seem to be an active ebay section so I take it things aren't too hard to source or is the same as the MK2, that the bit you want is the same as everyone else.

Thanks Mike.
    We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

heres a few places for yoy mike

hope this helps

Comment

You may find that more parts are different than you think. Having owned two of them i have noticed lots of differences between them and the standard fiesta. some ghia and mk2 bits are the same.
      i think there really good cars.
      you need to look everywhere for rust - its a ford!!
      (front panel, inner and outer wings, lower a pillars, floor pans, sills boot floor, wheel arches)
      hope this helps and good luck
      RS2000 Mk2, XR2 Mk1, 2.8i Capri Turbo

Comment

mine may be up for sale soon, due to solicitors fees due to a boundry dispute with my wanker of a neighbour, put it this way i have no garage access at the moment due to the chunt next dooe putting a fence down the middle of the driveway, i have a 100% clear cut case but its still going to cost me

Comment

lets see a pic vinny

bloody neighbours eh

next house will be in the middle of nowhere

Nutty Professor

Comment

no camera at the mo m8, my 2 year old dropped it and now it dont work
            probarly wont even fit sideways, at least i can still get my scooter out

Comment

man that sucks.

whats his chuffin problem? does he not drive? does he have a garage? i hope you nail him and he has to remove the fence, getting one up on the tosser is worth 10 xr2s

if he does have to remove it, invite all your mates round for a glass of champagne in the front garden and all jeer at him as he takes each panel out.

Nutty Professor

Comment

I hate neighbours like that. Hope you get it sorted Vin mate
                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

sorry to hear it has come to this, good luck with the case, i hope you have a swift and favourable outcome.

Comment

This is one I sold 12 months ago , 56k from new , it was a belter.
                    As said above though they are not unlike MK2's , there are parts that all the XR2 boys want which drives prices up , mint trim , proper rear valance with spare wheel bulge , genuine front wings , front valance is different , parcel shelves.
                    Not forgetting headlamps are different , bumpers front and rear are different and hard to come by , engine mounts are different and hard to come by.
                    They rot really bad , try to find a non sunroof one if you can as the drain channels rot the floors and sills , inner wing to bulkhead is a notorious rot spot as are boot floors. Don't be surprised if you remove your arches and theres no metal underneath.
                    The one thing that I did not like about mine was the lack of a 5th gear , and yes you can fit a 5 speed but you have to butcher the inner wing and it looks sh*t.
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

I have always liked the look of the Mk1 and at the minute a good one doesn't seem to cost the earth.

Would I have to wear a baseball cap and no shirt or is that just reseved for the Golf GTi wank brigade.

Cheers Mike
                      We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland

Comment

I had one of these too..very much like the RS2..4 very direct gears..100mph and all out!!
                        Some scrotes nicked it though, when I lived in St Helens..dumped it on the ground, minus the 4 wheels.
                        I'd definitely have another.....

Comment

any use?

http://cgi.ebay.de/Ford-Motorsport-F...QQcmdZViewItem

Nutty Professor

Comment

anyhow if worse cums to worst,
                            you can always get ye vespa darn a path lol....
                            after you've kicked him in his chin with ye OX-BLOODS... lark... lol.
                            sigpic

Comment

sorry to have hijacked your post mike, but thanks for the surport lads, been a rather stressfull few months.
                              most peeps have said to rip it down but then u open up a whole can of worms with criminal damage etc, if he was 20 years younger i would have given him a slap but hes an old man and knowing my luck he would keel over and die.
                              Hes a rather starnge ****, lives alone never married etc but i will get the last laugh, no worries there

Comment

Working...
                              X