Holland Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holland Show

Right then , myself , Steve Ogle and Bob X Pack are gonna do the Holland show in September in the MK2's .

Plan so far is
    Thursday 7th sail from Hull - Zeebrugge or Rotterdam (21:00 hrs)
    Friday 8th leave the ferry and head to 'The Ring' , stay in hotel near the ring on Friday night (approx £30 per head)
    Saturday 9th back to the Ring and maybe a bit of shopping before heading up to another hotel nearer to the show venue (approx 2 hours away) (hotel approx £40 per head)
    Sunday 10th do the show and back to hotel
    Monday 11th head back to ferry
    Tuesday 12th ferry lands back in UK 09:00 hrs

Early costing show the ferry to be about £250 , this is for 1 car + 2 people + 2 berth cabin . So about £125 each , this includes return crossing.

Any takers ?
    sigpic

After several phone calls and web browsing it appears there is little price or mileage distance (over there) between
    Hull - Zeebruge
    or
    Newcastle - Imujen (?)

As Newcastle is a lot nearer and easier to get to than Hull it looks like this could now be the prefered option , also Steve likes the big boats as the puke has further to travel over the side
    sigpic

Comment

Paul,

that "Imujen" of yours must be "IJmuiden" at the coast near our National circuit Zandvoort. I tried the routeplanners and it seems from Ijmuiden to the Ring is the same distance as from Zeebrugge to the Ring.
      Fridays are usually quiet days at Dutch Autobahns ... but beware of speedcameras. And for shopping: most stores are closed on the Mondaymorning .

Regards, Leon.

Comment

both of these will be probley on there conquest,
        might even go myself, lark...

Last edited by RS2000CUSTOM; 08-07-2006, 12:52.
        sigpic

Comment

could br intrested paul please keep me posted could do with some laps at the ring may even have something different for the trip

come on custom get your name down as the co pilot for extra ballast we could put nesbitt in the boot

Comment

Update

Slight alteration , I did say it was a plan forming didn't I . The Ring is shut on the Saturday so the plan is to delay by one day .Sail from Necastle on Friday 8th (pm), arrive Holland Saturday (am), drive to the hotel near the show ground which has a pool etc stay there Sat , do the show Sunday and back to same hotel.
            Monday head down to the ring as it opens Monday afternoon , check into a hotel near the ring , when the ring opens do some laps , back to hotel for the evening then head back to ferry on Tuesday morning.

Ferry Link
            http://www.dfds.co.uk/dsw/en
            Hotel Link
            http://www.hotels.nl/heerlen/vandervalk/

All the above is as of 16:04 on 05/07/06
            sigpic

Comment

going to confirm holidays at work monday,
              sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171