well, the car is booked in......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, the car is booked in......

.........for wednesday, to finally have its gash britax glass sunroof, replaced by a nice period webasto folding jobbie!! i cant bloody wait, and it'll be in time for the SEOC national day too!!!

many thanks to DAVE KING for helping me out with this !! top bloke

Dont forget the pics Lee, are you going vinyl roof too?

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop
      .........for wednesday, to finally have its gash britax glass sunroof, replaced by a nice period webasto folding jobbie!! i cant bloody wait, and it'll be in time for the SEOC national day too!!!

Why go from a period glass roof to a period webasto?

hopefully you not doing this just because of coments about glass roofs from others bothering you...i thought you didnt mind the glass roof , if your letting a hole in your roof bother you why not just go for a roof swap instead of making a small hole even bigger?
      sigpic

Comment

car will look even better now lee, nice one

Comment

Lee, i think the car will look much better with the Webasto, much more in keeping with the time, good choice, will look forward to seeing your car,

Comment

if you are going to have a hole then have a BIG one....lol
            sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

big change lee, all the best, with the big OP!........ LARK.
              sigpic

Comment

Deffo will look better with the webasto

Comment

graham, i'm not going to go full vinyl at this time, also trying to keep cost to a minimum. GAZ, i never liked my glass sunroof, the roof skin distorts all around the rim, as it is not a car specific roof in there, with the new roof, this will all be gone. i always wanted to fit a webasto, but i have just been too busy doing other jobs on the car. to be honest, i would probably prefer a webasto to a new skin.............. i think? cheers for comments vinny

Comment

thing is lee,
                    you also av a better chance of good weather darn ther, lark...
                    not like us northern blowkes... lol.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop

Lee, not many people put my name and "top bloke" in the same breath. lol..

Best make sure the kettle is on then when you arrive.

Cheers Dave.

Comment

Wise choice young Bishop. Let's hope he braces the front corners!!!
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

all done!! well happy with the result, will need to replace the headlining in the car, as there wasnt very much left after the glass roof to trim upto the webasto properly, but one of the last major jobs is done. i will also look to have the top recovered some time in the future, but for now im pleased. gonna have to stop spending now me thinks.........

Comment

sorry lee i dont like it ,,webasto's just arent for me .I would much prefer the glass or a new roof

I know i am in the minority when it comes to webasto's so im sure countless others will love it
                            sigpic

Comment

nice job Lee, by the looks of it

Comment

Working...
                              X