Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish

Currently using Autoglym, just like to know if anyone uses any other and would they recommend them.

Autoglym for me m8....
    sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

got to be Zymöl Royale Ian:

http://www.zdouk.com/detail.aspx?ID=86
      Last edited by dasadrew; 06-06-2006, 09:28.

Comment

forget autoglym, it ok as a general everyday polish

see here http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/polish.html

all the stuff they sell is the best of gear apart from that £6000 polish LOL
        Last edited by Banishit; 06-06-2006, 09:25.

Comment

I've found the Maguires stuff from Halfords to be pretty good. Seems to last longer than the Autoglym. They have a detailer too which is good if you've driven to a car show and need to freshen up the finish.

The AutoGlym stuff I like is the Upholstery Cleaner - works brilliantly!
          Also, the AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care, Clean Wheels, Engine Cleaner are all very good.

Comment

Autoglym's a bit to aggressive really. It use's chalk as one of it's polishing agents this act's as a cutting agent and take's a small layer of paint from you car every time you use it.
            You can tell whether a polish use's chalk with the white dust that's left when it dries.
            Plus Auto gym uses silicon with gives a nice gloss but is a bugger to remove from you paint work should you need the paintwork touching up.
            Also how dry do you hands feel when you used it.
            Like Brian says its ok for an everyday car but not for a summer use or show car.
            I use and would recommend a carnuba based Wax. These are none aggressive to the paintwork and take no paint from the car.
            I do use Zymol and have done for about 4 years now and i can only praise how good it is. There products have been used on the best concourse show in the world (Palm Beach) and have won.
            You don't have to spend thousands there starter kits are well worth a look at.
            Hope this has been of some help.

cheeRS
            Greg

I'd rather push a Ford than drive a V**X***L

Comment

I use autoproud, it was invented by an Engineer in poole, me and a few of the Dorset RSOC have been using it for years, and its good stuff.

see www.autoproud.co.uk for details.

Mark
              [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
              Ex X-pack owner

Comment

Auto Proud are just about to release an Aluminium/Stainless steel polish. It's not on their website yet but it's the 'dogs danglies'.

One of their guys tried it on my ally wheels at a show in Somerset at the beginning of April. I had neglected them badly and they were quite pitted but it brought them up like mirrors. i have been out in the bad weather, got back - washed them off and they are still mirror finish. Fantastic stuff.

Spoke to them last week and they say it will be on the website in the next week. Will be called Ultimate Alloy. I will definately be buying some.

Comment

Originally posted by dhfti
                  Auto Proud are just about to release an Aluminium/Stainless steel polish. It's not on their website yet but it's the 'dogs danglies'.

One of their guys tried it on my ally wheels at a show in Somerset at the beginning of April. I had neglected them badly and they were quite pitted but it brought them up like mirrors. i have been out in the bad weather, got back - washed them off and they are still mirror finish. Fantastic stuff.

Spoke to them last week and they say it will be on the website in the next week. Will be called Ultimate Alloy. I will definately be buying some.
                  better than Auto-Sol then??
                  Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by dhfti

Great I will have to pop over and buy some when I get back.

<M>
                    [/quote]ford-rs.co.uk

Mark
                    Ex X-pack owner

Comment

I find MER is a very good polish and leaves a good beading for when the car is wet..

Comment

Used to use Mer years ago and was very pleased with it.
                        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

I use Crystal Glo which is available as a polish and a wash. Made in Canada.

No need to polish hard, only a gentle wipe over is needed.

Imported by M&P motorbikes in Swansea.

Ash

Comment

Going to give this a try after a member of Dorset RSOC group used it in a panel of the RS

http://www.swissol.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
                              Going to give this a try after a member of Dorset RSOC group used it in a panel of the RS

http://www.swissol.co.uk/
                              same as Zymöl. Bit cheaper. Copyright and patent battles ongoing!

Comment

Working...
                              X