X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rallyslag
    its not the clubs fault if people dont want to go on the track at brunties
    Then dont organise a trackday then !

Keep it to a static tyre kicking meeting.
    cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by Banishit
      and now ask Dave why he us not doing them anymore ?
      Because when I lost my job I was unable to under write an Old Skool Trackday !

When I had organised an event it would NEVER be cancelled at such a late stage

I would have made it my priority to sell track passes

What is wrong about this is the fact Dermott has lost 300 Euros so I cant blame him for being ****ed off with the MKII Club !

Sorry but on this occassion the club IS too blame !
      cheeRS

DAVE

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM

What is wrong about this is the fact Dermot has lost 300 Euros so I cant blame him for being ****ed off with the MKII Club !

Correct. Thanks for the support Dave
        sigpic

Comment

have touted this on other sites before, but what about hillclimb venues ? - surely it cannot be as dear to hire for the day ?? - went to prescott hill a few years ago with the peugeot sport lot and had a great day ! it was a open hill, you just payed for 3 runs for example and off you went - best bit of track time we've had in ages - had a break for an hour and then another few runs - a, you dont have to kill the car, b, theres no danger of other "idiotic" drivers taking you off , c, theres loads of hills about, all over the country -
          on the way back from the recent devon show we passed wiscombe hillclimb park ( www.wiscombepark.co.uk ) on the devon dorset border - am already looking into it as a venue for future years
          ....... anyway, just a thought

Comment

Originally posted by grum
            have touted this on other sites before, but what about hillclimb venues ? - surely it cannot be as dear to hire for the day ?? - went to prescott hill a few years ago with the peugeot sport lot and had a great day ! it was a open hill, you just payed for 3 runs for example and off you went - best bit of track time we've had in ages - had a break for an hour and then another few runs - a, you dont have to kill the car, b, theres no danger of other "idiotic" drivers taking you off , c, theres loads of hills about, all over the country -
            on the way back from the recent devon show we passed wiscombe hillclimb park ( www.wiscombepark.co.uk ) on the devon dorset border - am already looking into it as a venue for future years
            ....... anyway, just a thought
            or there sprint tracks aswell, i went to curborough with a mate the other weekend, its just north of birmingham so fairly central for most

Comment

maybe something to look into in the future then

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM

What is wrong about this is the fact Dermott has lost 300 Euros so I cant blame him for being ****ed off with the MKII Club !

It is a shame Dermot cannot get a refund but when i listed the cancellation on the various sites and he posted on our BB that he could not get a refund, and i spoke to Phil, Dave etc.. straight away about giving him help or a refund.
                However no one has called or spoke to us about this but within a few hours listed on this BB 'bunch of F~~~~ing idiots' it does make people a little aggrieved.
                There are always right and wrong ways of dealing with situations, sadly this was the latter!

Comment

Martyn,
                  I think I was quite entitled to express my frustration and anger at what had happened. Perhaps the language was a fraction strong in your view but that's how we express ourselves in the emerald isle It wasn't meant to offend - more a case of venting. Sorry if it offended personally as that wasn't my intention.
                  I booked and paid for this ferry many months ago, and still feel that the event, if properly publicised (various messageboards/other car clubs), could have been filled and the w/e saved. Obviously that's too late now, and I'm sure the club has been rocked by having had to take the action it has.
                  The money issue doesn't bother me any longer as I've mentally written it off - I didn't ask for a refund from the club and am not a charity case.
                  Can we just put all this behind us and get on with it?
                  Regards,
                  Dermot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X