Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its not only the MKII Club who need an editor !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its not only the MKII Club who need an editor !

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=90462
    cheeRS

DAVE

oh well, cant feel so bad now

Comment

i feel that its all gonna go tits up sooner than later - with the introduction of the internet, things can be found in seconds if wanted by owners - articles written for an "inevitably late" magazine can be hours, days and even months late - i just dont see where the magazine is going or how it can survive with no people contributing to it -
      at the www.dorset-rsoc.co.uk group we produced four 16 glossy page colour magazines over 16 months - we begged and pleaded for members to send us pics, info and articles of their cars - in that time we recieved 4 items, two of them from bloody committee members - from 40+ members i was dumb founded - uphill struggle is not the word - you must remember that if they dont want to do it they wont, but you have to cater for their every whim !!!!!!!
      why doesnt th RSOC now move away from the magazine completely and incompass the website more, getting people to elaborate on their passion by giving them space for articles for themselves, and away from the customary sub-titled forum to show your car here or write a message there ?

Comment

Grum, the same problem with the RSOC website ad with Rallye News. Only a tiny minority contribute content, information and update to the website (EXC BBS), most of the site was built by myself & Gizmo and has had a few buyers guide from the registrars. I also have the same input problem with the Kent RSOC website, but that is improving each month (thank god). Been doing it since 98 and it hasnt change.

Comment

Originally posted by grum
          why doesnt th RSOC now move away from the magazine completely and incompass the website more, getting people to elaborate on their passion by giving them space for articles for themselves, and away from the customary sub-titled forum to show your car here or write a message there ?
          A lot of RSOC members dont use the website, just for instance my uncle and cousin are both long term RSOC members and had their cars for years, neither have internet.

Amazingly I think the members who use the website are still the minority.
          Fraz

www.seriesx.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X