rs 2000 shell restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rs 2000 shell restoration

yes folks here is some work in progress of a very tired rs 2000 that has had a hard life , been asked to bring it back and make it good again..
    here,s a few pics of the resto so far..

Don't you just love these kind of threads, making something good out of what many would describe as a pile of scrap! Re-cycling at it's best!!!! Great work done so far!

Tim

Comment

thanx for the kind comments I personally get a kick outta bring back a really bad car and making it good again, this car had been patched from headlight to tail light it has now turned the corner and will keep ye,s posted with more pics to come...

Comment

Nice work pal ! I bet that plasma cutter made getting panels out easy didn't it?

Comment

ha the plasma was great for cutting out the layers of patches and brill for the full floors.. what wld ye,s guys reckon wld it be fair to say the colour is Tuscan beige or maybe something else close to that? is there just the one shade?

Comment

Looks a bit light for Tuscan , think there are four beige's , Sahara being one .
            CheeRS Neil

Comment

Mine is something like that,if not worse in places sadly. did you put the floor in from underneath or through the windscreen opening? Was there a Light Beige? as mine has a sticker in the boot with light beige-80 on it.

Comment

funny u ask as the first full floor I fitted went in the rear window, but this one wld,nt go and we slipped it in the front window. ah so four different shades of beige, this is a 1980 car the nosecone is still in paint will get a pic up thanx..

Comment

love cars like this being rebuilt to new condition, great work.

Dave.

Comment

prime example of 'how not to' and 'how to', do body work repairs.
                    first and last pics respectively

great work Damien.
                    sigpic

Comment

Top work, good to see it being saved

Comment

few more pics

getting close now with the rs 2000 in bad need of a good roofskin and it,ll be ready for the paintman to get busy with it..

Comment

Working...
                        X