MK1 Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1 Mexico

Firstly Thanks to Kerry for all his advice before I purchased this car.
    Been a long time since I've had an school RS so I'm looking forward to collecting It and starting the work on it
    The restoration began about 10 years ago and the car had its first mot in April 2009 and has only done about 500 miles since. Many new parts went into it but to me still needs a few things doing to make mint.
    The car was rebuilt into a New old stock type 49 shell complete with bonnet boot and doors so has had no welding which is the main reason I decided to buy it.
    The shell was I'm told purchased from the then AVO Secretary Or Chairman.In the restoration it had an engine rebuild with rebore fast road cam head work and new twin 40's new stainless exhaust and coated manifold,gearbox rebuilt, new bilsteins refurbished wheels sime new glass and all seals, all chrome redone plus loads more. The paint work is unmarked needing only a machine polish to make it mint again.
    I have a lot of receipts for the parts and see quite a few items bought from the AVO Club.
    I have a list done of what I plan for it an includes to completely renew the interior with the parts from Aldridge trimming and also get them to recover the front and rear seats ,redo the wheel centres to the correct colour clean the underside and basically concentrate on the small details that will make the car mint
    No doubt I will have plenty of questions that need answered and any advice will be gratefully accepted as I'll admit to knowing very little about MK 1 RS's.
    Will post a few pics taken off it when i went to view it including this one of the shell that it was restored into

Cheers Sean
    Attached Files

Front with the Cibies though I'm debating on wether they stay
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice rear end!
      Attached Files

Comment

Side 1
        Attached Files

Comment

Side 2
          Attached Files

Comment

Underside
            Attached Files

Comment

Lovely ! I think the lamps should stay but they must be wired and work!

Comment

Engine Bay
                Attached Files

Comment

Will post some proper pics once I collect it as these were taken with my phone and are pretty crap
                  Looking forward to getting stuck into it and hopefully it can fulfil the potential I think it has to become a very nice car.

Cheers Sean

Comment

Originally posted by lee bishop View Post
                    they must be wired and work!
                    Car looks lovely but, ignore the Bish.
                    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Wired and working unsure of wether to keep them though
                      If I do the brackets will be redone silver and the backs of the spots grey
                      Attached Files

Comment

This car was my cousins. He bought it new and it was a custom spec so didn't have the Mexico stripes but had the small 3 line pinstripe. When it was purchased it had 2 Cibie Oscars and Cibie Biode headlamps fitted from new as a factory option. It didn't have any wing/door mirrors and had the aerial fitted on the drivers side front wing. First thing he did after picking it up was to change the wheels for some 6" Mag Minilites fitted with Goodyear 195 HR70 Rally Specials. I have 3 pics of the car when it was new if you are interested?

Comment

Originally posted by S.GRAY View Post
                          Wired and working unsure of wether to keep them though
                          If I do the brackets will be redone silver and the backs of the spots grey
                          Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by maru_uk View Post
                            This car was my cousins. He bought it new and it was a custom spec so didn't have the Mexico stripes but had the small 3 line pinstripe. When it was purchased it had 2 Cibie Oscars and Cibie Biode headlamps fitted from new as a factory option. It didn't have any wing/door mirrors and had the aerial fitted on the drivers side front wing. First thing he did after picking it up was to change the wheels for some 6" Mag Minilites fitted with Goodyear 195 HR70 Rally Specials. I have 3 pics of the car when it was new if you are interested?
                            Yes would love to see them would be great to have some pics to compare it too how it looks now
                            If you could find out the supplying dealer that would be great also if there were interior,engine bay and boot pics I'd appreciate seeing them as it be great to put it back to original spec.
                            The stripes on it now I prefer so they will stay and the mirrors will also stay seeing as the holes are now there.
                            No doubt over the years it's had a few changes from when it was new.
                            I've applied to the DVLA for a print out of its history so hopefully the original log book with your cousins name will be in it

Comment

Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
                              Thought you'd like that
                              If I can make it half as nice as yours I'd be well pleased

Comment

Working...
                              X