MK2 Rs2000 Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK2 Rs2000 Restoration

This Mk2 RS200 has been bought to us to give it a full ground up rebuild, sporting various mods the RS will be returned to standard and refinished in Diamond white .

The plan is to strip the RS down to a bare shell and send for blasting, replace all the incorrect parts, and refresh with as many original Ford items as possible.

Home made battery tray, modified throttle linkage, electric sunroof, a retrim in the incorrect materials, cortina axle and mondeo brakes are amongst the modifications we need to put right as we restore the RS.

I'm sure it'll be mint when its done

Comment

sunroof looks a proper job , out of interest what are the brakes like is it a caprisport conversion and does it take 15" wheels to go over them?

Comment

defo dump that rear window object
        sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

Originally posted by alancdavis View Post
          defo dump that rear window object
          Could it be an Australian car - the louvres were standard or offered as an option? But agreed, it is not the most attractive feature!

Comment

Originally posted by katana View Post
            Could it be an Australian car
            Was thinking the same thing as the torsion bar setup on the rear axle is another feature on aussie cars but the missing fuel tank under the boot flor is missing

Comment

The axle and diff suggest aussie or sa
              sigpic

Comment

Is that centre console an original part? It looks like it is made from GRP with a vinyl covering. My centre console is a flimsy plastic vac-formed item with 'leather textured' finish.

Comment

Originally posted by beeRS View Post
                  Is that centre console an original part? It looks like it is made from GRP with a vinyl covering. My centre console is a flimsy plastic vac-formed item with 'leather textured' finish.
                  I think that's what the photo Is demonstrating that it'll be replaced as none original
                  sigpic

Comment

please loose those cossie wheels and rear grill and do the car some justice

Comment

Rear window louvre and cossie wheels will be sold off and a set of original steels going on, brakes look to be Mondeo calipers made to to fit with badly welded on brackets and the rear axle and homemade centre console will also be binned in favour of an original items.

Comment

I would take a guess at a Port Elizabeth built car.

Comment

Working...
                        X