No announcement yet.

Out of disaster comes ...more bloody work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a fantastic job you are doing mike, I am following this rebuild very closely as mine is in a similar condition,I just don't have as much time, space or money as you

Comment

• Your making a good job of this and certainly putting in the effort so don't be disheartened by the jobs that take a lot longer than planned, believe me from bitter experience that is what building a car, particularly a rally car is all about!

Loads of people can, and do throw together something to go rallying or racing with but your taking the time to do something your 'happy' to rally!

Comment

• Thanks guys

A bit more done today

A- post finally finished off

And kick panel welded into place

And spent two and a half hours bare metalling the quarter ready for the sill tomorrow

Comment

• Today was the sill

And once again a large gap

Comment

• heart like a lion keep at it mike

Comment

• Originally posted by 76mex View Post
              heart like a lion keep at it mike
              Lol thanks lee

Got a fair bit done in the last couple of days

Inner and outer tank well done

Corner of floor repaired

O/S tub fitted

And fuel filler hole cut out and filled

Comment

• You are flying along with this now mike, what an amazing transformation in such a short period of time,I've come across the same problem as you with the gaps between the a post and the sill, annoying but a small problem in comparison with the job in hand, good luck with the rest of the build 👍

Comment

• Thanks moneypitt2 i deffo know what you mean, i repair cars for a living(hense the username) and were having to use more and more non gen parts on modern cars

Moved onto the rear of the shell now.

This time its the outer rear lower corners that are the problem

And slightly off topic but look what was round near the garage today

Taxed and MOT'd Daily driver no matter what weather

Comment

• How much has this cost you so far I would have given up by now fair play to you for what you have done.

Comment

• Originally posted by procky View Post
                      How much has this cost you so far I would have given up by now fair play to you for what you have done.
                      The shell cost £2400 i made £800 back by selling parts from the shell and the panels to date have cost me around £1800 so total is £3400 to this date

Comment

• Picked up the door and a few other bits from the shot blasters today,the door has come out nice! Only the very bottom edge and one corner to make

Comment

• Looks like my shell was a "bargain" at 650 but there again when you start totting up panels it doesn't bare thinking about, I need to order bonnet hinge panels, the only place ive found that does them is expressed panels, licenced to print cash those boys 😯

Comment

• Back at work now so the work on the car will slow considerably,but i got down there today and got the rear panel welded in

And the gaps sorted out

Bare metalled the inner quarters

And fitted rear panel skid

Comment

• Niiiiiicceeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikethepanel View Post
                                Lol thanks lee

Corner of floor repaired
                                After you've cut the excess away from the wheel arch tub have you welded around the full circumference joining the tub to the rear quarter panel?

Also, will you be applying any sealant to the joint afterwards?

Comment

Working...
                                X