No announcement yet.

Out of disaster comes ...more bloody work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I notice you have used rivnuts for heater bubble.......I've just done the same, but used 'thin flanged' ones. Yours appear to be standard ones, I maybe wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by ari17 View Post
      I notice you have used rivnuts for heater bubble.......I've just done the same, but used 'thin flanged' ones. Yours appear to be standard ones, I maybe wrong.
      Yes they are standard ones but i have some foam tape on the bubble edge that will seal

Comment

• Seem to be slowing down in the progress at the moment which i'm not happy about,but thats due to health matters.
        Anyway got the bulkhead finished off

And then had to put some damp proof membrane down as i have a fair bit of rust starting on the underside

Comment

• Made the very breifest of starts on the underside today

Brushed POR15 onto the boot floor as it was shot blasted due to rust before i fitted it

And removed the surface rust and etched one of the tubs

Hopefully more work this weekend

Comment

• Keep it up Mike, it will be worth it in the end.

Comment

• Looking good, Mike.

Comment

• Looking a little better after one day at it

Comment

• Only got the tunnel and the lower front bulkhead to prep now, then we're ready for some 2pack primer

Comment

• What a difference to what you started with Mike, well done.
                    Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

• Starting to come together now

Comment

• Wow!!! Stunning work. From what you started with and now, I'm impressed. Looking at the various shades of colour paint on the shell during the build, it looks like the car started life as Signal Yellow. Have you decided on your final colour scheme?

I hope your health improves, it would be a shame if the project was not finished.

I'm looking forward to the finished car.

Comment

• Originally posted by loydpg View Post
                          Wow!!! Stunning work. From what you started with and now, I'm impressed. Looking at the various shades of colour paint on the shell during the build, it looks like the car started life as Signal Yellow. Have you decided on your final colour scheme?

I hope your health improves, it would be a shame if the project was not finished.

I'm looking forward to the finished car.
                          Thanks for your comment
                          The car was originally signal yellow then a shade of green, the guy i bought it off wanted to paint it radiant red( with a rattle can)
                          I'm doing it white, not decided whether to go diamond or frozen white yet

Comment

• Frozen is to modern ,,
                            sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

• Frozen , much nicer than diamond
                              sigpic

Comment

• Now in high build primer

Comment

Working...
                                X