No announcement yet.

Out of disaster comes ...more bloody work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least you know exactly where you stand with it I have a love hate relationship with media blasting .!!!!
    sigpic

Comment

• I got a few more hours on the cage today

Should get some more done tomorrow

Comment

• great work.

Dave.

Comment

• More done this morning

Just the front triangulation and dash bar to do once i have the correct hole cutter

Comment

• Fantastic work as per usual. Was the door frame blasted last time when u put the new skin on? Looks like its had a lot of damp sat in there. I'm going to fire my wax oil gun up after seeing that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 13sport View Post
              Fantastic work as per usual. Was the door frame blasted last time when u put the new skin on? Looks like its had a lot of damp sat in there. I'm going to fire my wax oil gun up after seeing that.
              No I didn't blast them but did take them back to bare metal and wax oiled them to the eyebrows

Comment

• Do u think they have held a lot of moisture then or just residual rust that u never managed to stop last time?

Comment

Do u think they have held a lot of moisture then or just residual rust that u never managed to stop last time?
                  I think a bit of both as my old garage is slightly damp and using the car during the winter

Comment

Do u think they have held a lot of moisture then or just residual rust that u never managed to stop last time?
                    You can see the amount of wax oil i had in the doors, and it still did'nt stop it

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikethepanel View Post
                      You can see the amount of wax oil i had in the doors, and it still did'nt stop it
                      this was Fords brilliant engineering, designing the door so that there is a lovely water trap in the 'V' between the skin and frame that fills up with rain water until it reaches the drains.

When I fitted my new doors I filled that 'V' & front & rear corners with sealer up to the level of the drain holes. Did the same with the vents at the base of the 'c' pillars. This way no water can lodge there.

Robert
                      sigpic

Comment

• Well now, the final five bars fitted today and thats the cage finished except for the gussets and braces

Comment

• Been down to SD Developments for some more parts that only these guys make

Pair of door bottoms

And a real carbon fibre heater bubble

Comment

• Got some fancy bits done today

Sorry about picture quality

Comment

• Think this photo shows just how many tubes are in one of these cages

Comment

• Only a little done today

Still feel off after spinal jab

Comment

Working...
                                X