My Mk2 B Road/Track Day Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mk2 B Road/Track Day Car

I had the opportunity to acquire this car which is quite well known here from a mate who didn't have the time to use it. She'd been standing outside for a while in something of a sorry state, but after a few fixes and lots of polishing, I think she looks much happier

Car was originally an RS2000, substantially rebuilt (bare metal respray up) five years ago, and used very little since. Not full motorsport spec by any means, but nevertheless quite a harsh drive on the roads, so reserved for short(ish) B road blasts and track days. It has a Honda S2000 engine and six speed box, which is hilarious fun revving to 9000 rpm (BDA thrills without the cost!). Suspension, steering and brakes upgraded to the usual tarmac rally Mk2 spec as well.

I'm also looking to do some "gentle" competition, ideally hillclimbs and sprints - although initial investigation is looking a bit pessimistic, the engine swap means I think I have to run in Sports Libre class which means lots of complications with licenses and car spec (six point harnesses for example). If anybody has any ideas for events (not rallys as I have no mates and am looking for a more family friendly day out, or multi-car races as she's too nice to get punted off by somebody else!) I could enter without having to significantly change the car I'd appreciate it.

very nice, and excellent quality of pictures

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

BEAutiful
      Hello from one flat front RS2 to another

May I ask who did the engine installation? Company or individual?
      Are the engine/gearbox standard? Still using an english diff?

Thanks,

Laurie
      sigpic

Comment

Always liked this one. Shame it had been left outside although looking at the pics it doesnt seem to have done it any harm

Comment

Originally posted by yellowxpack View Post
          BEAutiful
          Hello from one flat front RS2 to another

May I ask who did the engine installation? Company or individual?
          Are the engine/gearbox standard? Still using an english diff?

Thanks,

Laurie
          It was an individual, registered on here as PFX_will_return (first name Graham) - I've been unable to make contact though so if anybody knows more it would be appreciated.

Engine and gearbox are Honda standard yes. Narrowed Atlas axle with 4.6 LSD.

Comment

Well I think that is fantastic.
            Yes we would love 20k BDA's but I think this engine conversion is brilliant.
            Would love to know more about the engine swap yourself / Graham, namely if Graham did the work, or paid a company to do it.
            Laurie
            sigpic

Comment

This is the outfit that was given as a contact when the car was first up for sale.

Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

Lads name was Andrew, I remember having a crack with him after the 2012 Lakes Tour.

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT ANDREW ON: 01524 35036 or 07884423812
                Gone to the Dark Side but still lurking!

Comment

Thanks guys, Andrew bought it from Graham (the car builder). I PM'd Andrew a while ago too but no reply as yet.

Comment

How did you find that bargain ,,
                    sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

I appreciate this won't be to everybody's taste, but I had my spare 15 inch wheels refurbed in metallic anthracite and stuck them on. Partly for the tarmac rally look, partly ironically because they have narrower and less sticky tyres on, which for road/roundabout use is more fun

Comment

Lovely car,prefer the 13"s
                        sigpic
                        Proper rallying is done down the lanes!

Comment

Wheels suit the car
                          sigpic

Back with a MK1

Comment

"I'm also looking to do some "gentle" competition, ideally hillclimbs and sprints - although initial investigation is looking a bit pessimistic, the engine swap means I think I have to run in Sports Libre class which means lots of complications with licenses and car spec (six point harnesses for example). If anybody has any ideas for events"

I have to run in same class with my Duratec power car, but the license thing was not a problem as it's a saloon car - I do it on my Rally license, but then it could be difficult if you have never had a competition license.
                            We once worked out the guards on my car weighed almost half what some cars in the class weighed.

But it's a good grin !

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X