• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will this help Gaz..

CheeRS
    Martin

Comment

but its orange!! i dont know which will look worse............

Comment

just done a little bit of cleaning

Made a start on the gearbox , bell housing and sump

sigpic

Comment

Very nice
          My mk2 has gone

Comment

just keep plod'n on. cos the hardest thing 4 u will be keeping her indoors happy
            sigpic

Comment

shes at her happiest when im OUT of the house and out of her way...lol
              sigpic

Comment

Another little update

not much progress just been doing a little cleaning

Been cleaning up the block today ready for painting , and also had a go at doing the alternator

Heres a few of the engine before paint

And a few of my nice shiney alternator

sigpic

Comment

Its coming on Gaz, any progress with the shell yet, ?? Im still heading for end of Jan-beginning of Feb, so as soon as its done your welcome to the spit,

Comment

I had someone to come and look at the shell the other day so he could give me some sort of estimate on how much it will cost me to have it painted .

he has also sort of swayed me away from having the shell dipped , he says the shell doesnt really need dipping as it is a good shell and the dipping process will not show up any more imperfections on the car other than what is visible now ...so dont know what to do now regarding dipping

He thinks i should just have the underneath blasted and the rest of the car just normal prep work ready for painting
                    sigpic

Comment

I think thats sensible Gaz, did it really need dipping ??, get it in the air, get on your back and start cleaning, should only take three or four months !!, or cheat and get it blasted, the reason i was put of that was that it gets everywhere, all in the chassic rails etc etc, keep us informed mate,

Comment

I f i dont get it dipped i was thinking of spending the money on getting another sunroof fitted , you know like the double ones you see on some people carriers
                        sigpic

Comment

Seriouly though Gaz, i dont want to start this old chestnut of again but your obviously taking this very serioulsy, get that roof sorted, its done and dusted then, i know its about opinions, and in mine the effort yourve put in so far, get it done professionly when the shell is being prepped, long term your be much happier i,m sure, and in my opinion the car will look alot better, you even have the benefit of being able to use a BVR,

Comment

Probably more RS2000's got delivered from the dealer with a sunroof fitted than with a 5-Speed box, and that dosn't seem to worry anyone!

Comment

fair point, however there is a mechanical benefit to the gearbox and of course, you can always retain the 4 speed gearknob, the sunroof, especially the microwave versions, in my opinion, dare i say cheapen the appearance of the car. Gaz is obvioulsy going all the way, thats the reason why i would say get it done, !! so there, lol

Comment

Yeah, probably a good route would be a factory sliding roof like the Dodie and Boyle version. Together with BVR - mmmmmm nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X