Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mk1 Cosworth Project

Went to collect this at the weekend.
    Am going to change a few things as we go but keep most of the ideas that the previous owner had.
    Only thing i can't make my mind up about are the arches. I'm guessing most of you will tell me to chop them of and replace with steel bubble arches........All opinions welcome
    Reason current ones are there is the previous owner had the rear wheels specially made (18 x 10 with 285 tyres!). If i'm honest i quiet like the arhes but am going to dry build car eventually and assess then.
    The guy told me he had the engine in a cosworth he owned and it's running 350bhp. Hope that's enough!!!!!!!!!!!!

Putting car to bed for now until funds allow. Don't want to start it unless i can finish it!
    Please please please can I be in the 'Clique'

Nice project. Was on ebay i think?

Comment

arches remind me of mk2 circuit racer arches could look ok , you will need to hang a front wing on and mock up front to see

Comment

For me steel bubble arches are the only way to go on an Mk1

Comment

Looks like alot of work already done, good strong shell.....the arches will depend on whats happening on the front....as for the wheels.....dont like one bit.....have you got much work left to do on the shell???? once thats done its a matter of trial fitting, painting, fitting n road run..........would like to see your progression on this once you get back into it

Comment

Nice
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Originally posted by Lee R View Post
              Nice project. Was on ebay i think?
              Yeh bought of ebay. Think he had it on about a year so ago aswell.

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
              Looks like alot of work already done, good strong shell.....the arches will depend on whats happening on the front....as for the wheels.....dont like one bit.....have you got much work left to do on the shell???? once thats done its a matter of trial fitting, painting, fitting n road run..........would like to see your progression on this once you get back into it
              Yep it's a good shell and should make a decent car when done. Blokes done some good work on it. Only real fault i can find to date is the nearside inner wheel arch (you'll see the fault when looking in from the boot).
              Was waiting for 'those wheels are sh**e' line . Really not sure which way to go yet. Although i quite like them and could get the same fronts, but obviously not as wide, i also like the bubble arch look. If i went bubble arch would either have to do away with the wheels or extend the rear arches out as they won't fit under standard arch. The question is if we did extend the rear arches out would it look stupid?? (comments please)
              So i think first thing to do is get up to the lakes tour next month and have a good look around at MK1's and get some idea of what looks best.
              Shell and everything else is put away for now as i haven't quite got round to telling my beloved i've bought it yet!!!!
              If i come through that unscathed but i'll post the progress once we get started.

Comment

Looks a great project, bubble arch it..... thats if you survive the misses finding out about it
                Getting bored with the idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Hoonabator View Post
                  Looks a great project, bubble arch it..... thats if you survive the misses finding out about it
                  Perhaps i should start a thread entitled 'things you've bought and not told the better half about'
                  Reckon I'd be in with a good shout of winning as the MK1 is just the tip of the iceberg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X