Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK1 Mexico Resto Project

Hi everyone ,
    i bought this car a couple of years ago . I thought i'd start a resto thread as work started approx 3 months ago. The car has been off the road since 1988 & used as a rally car for the last couple of years of its life , then stuck in the same owners garage for 20+ years left to rot. Hopefully another genuine car that can be saved. Don't know if any other members know of the car , history etc , be nice if anyone does they can give any info. Car came with original engine , so all matching.... please feel free th leave any comments good or bad!!!

Cheers

Daz....

Nice wee mk1 mate keep the pics comming
    sigpic

Comment

Very nice! Was it originally Le Mans green then?

Guess it came with the correct Crossflow and not the pinto in the pics?

Comment

Originally posted by windymiller View Post
        Very nice! Was it originally Le Mans green then?

Guess it came with the correct Crossflow and not the pinto in the pics?
        Hi mate , yes it's Le mans & did come with the original crossflow unit. The pictures show it as it was after standing for 20 years with the 2.0 litre Pinto , as used when rallying. I'll put some more photos up later when it was in primer ....

Comment

Looking forward to seeing more

Comment

nice project are you going to rebuild back to standard or period rally prepped ? I've been in the loft and found my old ccc mags from early 90's when they built their project mexico. Anyone know how to put these on site any other options apart from photobucket?

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this one. Interesting to see a car thats sat with the last owner all that time. I know of a mk2 rs in a garage near me has sat 15years not seeing the light of day, asked the owner to sell every year and insists he will do something with it one day.....

Comment

Originally posted by mark2marty View Post
                nice project are you going to rebuild back to standard or period rally prepped ? I've been in the loft and found my old ccc mags from early 90's when they built their project mexico. Anyone know how to put these on site any other options apart from photobucket?
                It's going back to standard apart from the rear turrets are staying & possibly 5 speed type9 box.....

Comment

Originally posted by 13sport View Post
                  Looking forward to seeing this one. Interesting to see a car thats sat with the last owner all that time. I know of a mk2 rs in a garage near me has sat 15years not seeing the light of day, asked the owner to sell every year and insists he will do something with it one day.....
                  Keep pestering him mate & he'll eventually crack

Comment

great project...would love a mk1 mex....will be watching this....

Comment

look forward to seeing the progress

Comment

Looks a nice project, nice to see there are still lots of original parts on it too.
                        I've just added some text to your engine bay picture. If the plates still there the codes on it will tell you what was fitted from new.

If you are going to use it on a regular basis then the 5 speed will make long journeys so much nicer.

Is it going back to Lemans Green..?

Attached Files
                        Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by mexico488 View Post
                          Keep pestering him mate & he'll eventually crack
                          I would like to hope so but god only knows what condition it's in these days, il ring again soon lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post
                            Looks a nice project, nice to see there are still lots of original parts on it too.
                            I've just added some text to your engine bay picture. If the plates still there the codes on it will tell you what was fitted from new.

If you are going to use it on a regular basis then the 5 speed will make long journeys so much nicer.

Is it going back to Lemans Green..?

Hi Mark , thanks for your advice. I've got the tags with the car. The pictures were as the previous owner had it. I purchased it as a rolling shell along with the original engine. it had been blasted & primed , but since then i have had it blasted again. It hadn't had a good job done first time round,but now the real work has begun.I'll post some more photos up later.

cheers

Daz...

Comment

Mark , it's going original colour as well , Lemans....

Cheers

Daz...

Comment

Working...
                              X