No announcement yet.

Mk2 Green Mexico Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential for a lovely looking car here....I do love the vinyl roof with the Signal green paintwork, and it's so rare too. IMO it would be nice to keep a vinyl roof on it and fit something like the Weathershield vinyl sunroof, if you could find one. I had one of these fitted to my Mk 1 years ago and loved it. It had a tinted visor that used to hing up and deflect the wind so any turbulance/noise was greatly reduced. I had no probs with leaks either!

Good luck with the resto, I'm looking forward to following it!

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by RS Stan View Post
      Any up dates love a green mex got a green mk2 sport
      Originally posted by HarrierTony View Post
      Good point Stan, this one has gone quite, where are the updates Gaz
      Well chaps been a bit busy with changing jobs lately but thats all sorted now but as for the resto Ive done very little over the winter ( cars outside ) as spring is now upon us Im hoping to crack on with this, building a temp shed for it first . I have though been hoarding up loads of bits for it including a 2.1 pinto , ill have to post some piccys of the bits Ive acquired
      sigpicSanity is the playground for the unimaginative

Comment

Originally posted by HarrierTony View Post
        Any signal gingers at school had green candle noses son......yuk lmao.
        Poor Ches still has.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000EXPRESS View Post
          Potential for a lovely looking car here....I do love the vinyl roof with the Signal green paintwork, and it's so rare too. IMO it would be nice to keep a vinyl roof on it and fit something like the Weathershield vinyl sunroof, if you could find one. I had one of these fitted to my Mk 1 years ago and loved it. It had a tinted visor that used to hing up and deflect the wind so any turbulance/noise was greatly reduced. I had no probs with leaks either!

Good luck with the resto, I'm looking forward to following it!

Tim
          Cheers, such a coincidence you mention the sunroof because Ive been thinking lately about that and have been searching out Webastos, I had one of these in my original Mex back in the 80's. Are Weathershields better ? Whatever I end up doing the vinyl roof is staying your so right about the contrast of paintwork and black vinyl

Comment

I know someone that removing a webasto from his mk2 and putting a new roof skin on. Will probably be for sale if u want it gaz

Comment

Originally posted by 13sport View Post
              I know someone that removing a webasto from his mk2 and putting a new roof skin on. Will probably be for sale if u want it gaz
              Ill send ya a PM

Comment

Originally posted by gazza66 View Post
                Ahh, i see , just watching some some clocks on fleabay , think ill stick with mine unless anyone has got any to swap ;-)
                talked to a mate today who's mate has white needle clocks and wants orange ones.i think he's happy to swap too if you're still after them i will get you a number
                what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Cheers, such a coincidence you mention the sunroof because Ive been thinking lately about that and have been searching out Webastos, I had one of these in my original Mex back in the 80's. Are Weathershields better ? Whatever I end up doing the vinyl roof is staying your so right about the contrast of paintwork and black vinyl
                  That's great that the vinyl roof is staying! I don't know the Webasto as much as the Weathershield but I do know that they were popular in the 70's and maybe larger than the Weathershield. I think that they were good quality too, so if you find one and like it then I would stick it on!

Appears that Webasto are still going strong, and they still make them today:

Tim

Comment

Those Webastos aren't great, I had one in a car and all I wanted to do was get the roof panel replaced. If you've got a Mk2 without a hole in the roof I really wouldn't get it chopped. Don't forget that the MkII shell isn't nearly as stiff as the Mk1's and chopping a ruddy great hole in the roof really won't help matters .

Comment

Gonna make ya famous !!!!!!

Hmmmmm recognize this car somewhere

Comment

looks a bit high on the rear, nearly hot rod style..........its an early one too, maybe a 76 to mid 77

Comment

Originally posted by morcheen View Post
                          talked to a mate today who's mate has white needle clocks and wants orange ones.i think he's happy to swap too if you're still after them i will get you a number
                          OOps I missed this post The only thing is that mine are white needles too

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron P. View Post
                            looks a bit high on the rear, nearly hot rod style..........its an early one too, maybe a 76 to mid 77
                            That number plate is a giveaway lol I wonder if Corgi do ickle lowering blocks

Comment

Hmmmmm recognize this car somewhere

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/vanguard...nal-green-rhd/
                              when did that come out ? i hope you got a freebie
                              what i need is a high horse like the others have !

Comment

Originally posted by morcheen View Post
                                when did that come out ? i hope you got a freebie
                                Its not out till October, I was contacted back back last year about PNJ being used as Corgi wanted a signal green with a vinyl roof and the guy who was doing the model drawings also knew the car from north london back in the day. I thought it was a wind up at first but was sworn to secrecy but as it was advertised in this months classic ford i guessed the cat was out the bag I have been promised a freebie, will you be getting one ? it was your old car

Comment

Working...
                                X