Jaffa's Return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Joe View Post
    Like the vinyl roof Andrew. It looks great.

CheeRS,

Joe.
    Must be an english thing ...

Comment

• TBH, I'm not ENGLISH !

Comment

• Roof looks amazing Andrew. Always been a fan of these.
        Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• you done a really nice job there mate,and the vinyl roof perfect ,i think it goes well with that colour ,was it hard work to fit the roof (vinyl)

Comment

• Originally posted by wetandwindy2 View Post
            you done a really nice job there mate,and the vinyl roof perfect ,i think it goes well with that colour ,was it hard work to fit the roof (vinyl)
            Not so much "hard" work, but very laborious. The real proof apparently comes when the car stands in the sun, as any little spots which weren't completely glued will become little bubbles .

I would have preferred a team of professionals to glue the large roof section into place and then leave me to finish off the details. However, there were no outfits nearby, the car didn't have glass, and wasn't registered.

Comment

• Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
              TBH, I'm not ENGLISH !
              Let me refrase, must be a United Kingdom thingy ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                Let me refrase, must be a United Kingdom thingy ....
                Ahhh, go stick yer finger in a dyke!

Comment

• Still some progress being made, but got slowed down by lots of niggly upholstery issues.

Interior looks better than the flash photo shows, as every grain of dust reflects the flash!

Try as I might, I couldn't get the vinyl back into the recess of the RH rear trim (armrest) so will be looking out for a minty-minty one! The vinyl had just shrunk and hardemed too much - ruined another one with heat gun trying to repair it.

Refreshed the badges with 2-pack satin black. Have filed off all the pins and will stick them on with double sided badge tape to avoid a few rust spots!

Comment

• lovely stuff m8
                    sigpic

Comment

• Looking good

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Originally posted by paul andrews View Post
                        lovely stuff m8
                        Not quite in your league though m8!

Comment

• looking great drew

this thread will be longer time taken than Graham Johns

Comment

• It's looking great Andrew!.........the colour and roof combination are stunning 70's!

Comment

• TOP TIP - how about getting a needle syringe and filling it with contact glue to get behind the vinyl - worked a treat on a 'lose' old steering wheel rubber for my old mk1 mexico

Comment

• coming along well there andrew

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X