Martin

Comment

• very

Comment

• Looking Spot-On Andrew.

Comment

• Cheers for all the comments chaps!

Comment

• Carried on aligning the nose tonight. Ended up using quite a few shims on the top fixings but what the hell. Considering that wings, scuttle grille, bonnet and front panel all got changed, I mustn't grumble how the alignment turned out. Probably wouldn't get past Audi quality control though!

Headlights aligned and I couldn't resist popping in some old headlight surrounds - they reall change the look of the car I find.

Little eBay package arrived tonight - brand new in box ignition lock with keys. Just need to recode the boot and door locks to match now. Anyone got any tips on that? Does the key number help? I bought a recoding set from Ford ages ago with a set of tumblers and springs. Do I have to dismantle my new lock to see what combination is in there?

Comment

• Get the ferry booked for the Lakes son, it'll be ready in time looking sweet
                sigpic

Comment

• Andrew your car is just stunning....keep up the good work....
                  Andy

Comment

• Some nice work Looking good.

Comment

• Started putting on the vinyl roof today. Two mates I had line up to help at the weekend dipped out, so I pressed on alone.

Having been stored for about 20 years, the thing needed a bit of pulling into shape and one of the seams ended up very slightly ****y.

I found it pretty tricky in places and that contact adhesive is a barsteward and always seems to stick when you don't want it to. I bought the proper stuff for vinyl car rooves too and it certainly didn't do what it said on the tin!

Anyways, all looks okay and just the details to finish off. Hope it's not going to blow bubbles when sat in the sun as the rumours go.

Comment

• Vinyl roof ... ... why?

Comment

• Cos they look fab!!

Comment

• Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
                            Cos they look fab!!
                            Agree

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                              Vinyl roof ... ... why?
                              Me too
                              Each to there own tho, I still love the color/car
                              sigpic

Comment

• Not many orange ones around with vinyl, will look good!

Comment

Working...
                                X