Comment

• looks well that drew
        sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

• Originally posted by dasadrew View Post
          spent the weekends on the pushbike rather than under the car.

Comment

• looks well does that set-up lark

cant wait to see the scort in pent nah

Comment

• Originally posted by lee bishop View Post

bet you remember them well Lee

Comment

• Originally posted by lee bishop View Post

Contrary to popular belief, most Penny Farthings left the factory with both wheels the same size. The Ashley Wheel Company Ltd. offered a tuning front wheel which claimed to improve torque and give a better sound. Many owners of the Penny Farthings bought this kit, only to find out that the front wheel didn´t fit right at all. However, most persevered with crowbar, hammer and pliers and got it to fit somehow. Thus the proliferation of Penny Farthings with disproportionately large front wheels.

The Ashley company went under in the Great War of 1914-1918 but was revived in the late ´70´s. They no longer produce wheels, but motor vehicle exhaust systems.

Comment

• Things are moving again. I´d never been happy with the fit of the new RH sill at the front. As usual, it was designed to fit over the original sill, so had to be persuaded a bit as I used it to replace the original.

Anyway, out came the 5lb hammer and a bit of reshaping occurred. Have just leaded the area to build up a decent contour again.

Comment

• Nice work Andrew car getting there now.

Cheers Garth

Comment

• as usual top work Drew

Comment

• cracking tale , keep up the good work . can't wait to see the end product

Comment

• Well, after about 15 years, I´ve finally done the last bit of welding! Treated the seams to a spot of lead although they won´t be seen when the nose is on.

I found it was near on impossible to get good alignment of the front wings simultaneously where they adjoin bonnet, windscreen scuttle, door front edge, front panel and lower sill. Had to plump for the bodgy bit being where the wing lower quarter joins up to the sill. I thought it was all ok but welding the front panel seam obviously force the wing to creep a bit. Oh well - the next resto will be better.

All stopped at the moment as it´s down to minus 4°C in the garage after a frosty spell last night (minus 18°C).

Comment

• very nice work there das, dont fret about little flaws in the build, im sure ford never paid the same attention to detail

well done

Comment

• Blimey - bit of lead loading - not seen that done for a while.

Comment

• Wing welds nicely primed and sealed with bodywork sealer, then painted. No more rust there!

I reckon this door can be salvaged without too much welding

A previous owner had sprayed it full with wax and there is virtually no rust anywhere. You have to get lucky once in a while!

Comment

Working...
                                X