No announcement yet.

WORTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi James, how are you ??, should have a couple for tomorrow for you, after three weeks at the bodyshop,I finally picked my prop today, it had been serviced and balanced three weeks ago before being split down and taken to the bodyshop, now needs to go back to Coventry tomorrow to be put back together very carefully, looks superb, also my father-in-law is a cabinet maker, i asked him would he be able to reproduce the drivers side shelf, i will post a pic of it tomorrow, amazing what he done with that, grafted on the original front vinyl piece and renewed the actual shelf and side pieces, sort them out tomorrow, fitted my NOS speaker today, forgetting i,d have to take out the heater controls again, connected the wire to the speaker etc, have a very nice P21with correct surround and hopefully will be picking up the correct housing this weekend, all the sound-deadening is in the car now, wont be putting the carpet or front seats in the car till its running, Once the prop is fitted, i,ll just need the bottom hose to complete the engine bay. At that point i,ll connect a battery via a fuse and see what happens . Hopefully, wont be any problems, the loom was stripped, checked, cleaned and re-wrapped, so all being equal, no scotch locks or anything like that was to be seen.. so

Comment

• Banishit and Vinny,

I wasn't aiming my comments at anyone in particular. I'm just saying that when people pass judgement on a car and i've had it done to me as Robbo will attest i always ask to see their car now and as per usual you get the blank look.

I know Ians car is very well thought off and i as well as everyone else love to see the updated pics.

Cheers Garth

Comment

• I'm good mate thanks for asking. Once again credit where credit is due
        hopefully I might get a chance to see the car next year at a show but
        for now the pics will do.

cheers James
        MK11 member 356

Comment

• words from ian...

Will be taking this to Coventry today to be built up, very shinyeeeeeeeeee

sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• very very nice m8....
            sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• looks far too shiney what a waste of money that was eh

Comment

• very nice Ian, thats right let somebody else put that together, blame them if it gets marked
                MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• ian's words

"just got back from Coventry, spent an hour with the guy building the prop back up, very happy with the end result"

sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Stuning as ever Ian attention to detail is a credit

cheers James
                    MK11 member 356

Comment

• That is obscene I don't want to get religious about it but if God had intended prop shafts to be so shiny I think they would have left GKN's factory shinier than they did. Only kidding, is Worthers going to make my ex Mk1 RS that Charlie Chisholm restored look like an old shed in comparison by the time it's finished? If that's poss?

Comment

• **** me !!!! is that prop real or you been on the Adobe photoshop again ??

WOW

Comment

• better stick the t-shirts in the wash before Jenny gets home

Comment

• dare i say looking good ian

Comment

• Originally posted by vinny
                              dare i say looking good ian
                              I wouldn,t expect anything else from you Vin

Comment

• bit special there ian, be a shame to cover it with mud, when we all follow topaz to lemans 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X