No announcement yet.

WORTHERS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well guys, i,m sure some of you would like to know how we got on today ??. There should be a new heading. "A bitter sweet day", firstly there are no pics, cos i forgot to bring home the camera, its in the boot of Worthers your thinking, Worthers must still be there . Correct. The day started well, Up in the air she went, filled up the diff, filled up the gearbox, and took some really nice pics. bled the brakes.. fine, down she came, my tick list was slowly going down, all nuts were tightened down, oil pressure pipe, temp sender, water drain, tick, tick, tick, carbs secured down, throttle cable sorted, i put ten litres of BP Ultimate in, no leaks, water and antifreeze in the rad, no leaks, all jubilee clips tightened, battery on, and secured, a final check of my tick list, gave Troy the thumbs up, turned the ignition key...........no lights, shit whats happened, after five minutes of checking, i,d then forget,when i,d put my new fusebox in, i hadnt connected the block connectors, very embarrassing. Tried again, she came to life, interior light worked, fan worked etc etc, Turned her over to get some pressure, plugs back in, WOW, she fired into life.... was set to 2500 revs and monitored for 20 mins, rev counter working, oil pressure gauge working, temp gauge slowly rising, no leaks, nothing, all going to well ????

Comment

• the revs were reduced, and thats when the problem arose there was petrol filling up in the forthport, it was fireing on three cylinders, not no.4, rev the car and it would be fine, try to idle and again, the port would fill up and idle on three, so in a nutshell,as of 9.38pm, thats were we are. Worthers in in Northampton awaiting tomorrow, Troy stripped the carb down, and it looks like there may be a crack, we wont know till tomorrow, so the bitter sweet bit is, it was going toooooooooo well, even the bits i,d done seemed to be working, he also checked the geometry on the car, even had it in gear with the rear wheels turning, gutted, thats all i can say.... lets see what tommorrow brings.

Comment

• good to hear worthers come to life today if only for a short time.

will the rs show at santa pod be the first time out for worthers?

Comment

• wicked news ian can't wait to see the biege cars together , just to give me some motivation to bring mine up to standard , good luck on friday , and don't forget the camera, want to see her

Comment

• Originally posted by rallyslag View Post
            good to hear worthers come to life today if only for a short time.

will the rs show at santa pod be the first time out for worthers?
            Tim, would love to get it to The Pod, as its 20 mins from my front door

Comment

• Originally posted by ian parker View Post
              the revs were reduced, and thats when the problem arose there was petrol filling up in the forthport, it was fireing on three cylinders, not no.4, rev the car and it would be fine, try to idle and again.

Welcome to IDF ownership !!!

those damn air jets.

All sounding promising though, how are your nerves though !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel View Post
                Welcome to IDF ownership !!!

those damn air jets.

All sounding promising though, how are your nerves though !!!!
                Kel, i dont mind admitting, i did more pacing around yesterday than i did with our three children put together i,m sure it,ll be resolved today, so i wont proportion any blame yet, i must say here and now, Troy and the guys were fantastic yesterday, i dont think there could have been any more attention given to Worthers, they were really very careful, i would highly recommend them. I must admit to being concerned, as also under investigation, both diaprams were pinched, so they had to be changed, slightly concerned about the rebuild process, but again, reserving judgment at the mo. Didn,t sleep too well last night, and didn,t eat a single thing yesterday. Four cups of tea all day. When Worthers worked she sounded great, gonna shoot over there this afternoon to pick the camera up and post the pics i took.

Comment

• best of luck ian, i'm sure it will all get sorted.

just a thought but what are you gonna do about stone chips on the lakes tour

Comment

• its alive!

Nutty Professor

Comment

• well ? is it ok, all systems go ?

Comment

• won't be back on this bb till monday but i hope to see worthers when i get back in the vbgarage, in full working order , biege is best

Comment

• cmon Ian,
                          dont leave us hanging here,

update please,

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• Well guys, heres the news ive certainly been waiting for had some time this afternoon and shot over to NMS, when i got there, Worthers was happily ticking over not too sure what the problem was, however its now been overcome. Troy did a couple of loaded runs on the rollers, it was great standing there watching her work, the rev counter, speedo, and the other three all showing positive readings, the one that did make my laugh was the fuel gauge, yesterday i put ten litres in, today, it wa bearly in the orange, but it was working, one slight concern Troy had was the downpipes closeness to the chassis rail, he,d wrapped it with some asbestos coated in a metal covering and it had done its job, no leaks, nothing, it appears a lot of hard work may well of paid off, gearbox sounded great as did the diff, some pics will follow shortly, i feel very happy as i,m writing this, get in there , now wheres those front seats

Comment

• phew thank goodness for that - i think us lot on here are as eager as you to see it up and running

Comment

• Originally posted by grum View Post
                                phew thank goodness for that - i think us lot on here are as eager as you to see it up and running

yes, where's the booze, need to settle me nerves

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X