The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aled View Post
    Did you remember to take the axle stands away Gra ?

good point

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
      well, what can i say.

booked in for MOT but do you think the Foooker would start !!!

definately fuel related as i kept turning her over and she would not catch, however the exhaust on cylinders 3 & 4 were 'warm ' to the touch, and 1 & 2 stone cold (the car has Twin 45 Dellorto's fitted.

cleaned the carb feeding cylinder 1 & 2 , still no luck.

i just kept turning and turning it over, and after an age, she Fired up , even more puzzling, she ran sweet as a nut, but by now too late for the MOT

cheeRS
      notice your fuel reg is in boot.
      i have always been told to put it as close to the carbs as possible. maybe this has something to do with starting problems.
      cheers.
      😯

Comment

• looks great gj, driveways top notch as well m8
        good luck with the restest

Comment

• ive got twin 45 dellortoes and my reg is next to the carbs what pressure is your reg set at 1 psi i think is right, so it looks to me when the car has been sitting your fuel pumps in the boot are pumping all the way to the carbs at 1 psi try moving the reg and see how it goes

Comment

• its not the Reg.

pressure is set at 3psi, have fuel pressure through all pipes up to the Carb

could be what Leon said

when you coming over mr van mullecom

cheeRS
            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
              its not the Reg.

pressure is set at 3psi, have fuel pressure through all pipes up to the Carb

could be what Leon said

when you coming over mr van mullecom

cheeRS
              NOT ... you all have the Mexican flue I hear ...

If the reg is set at 3 (or maybe 4) psi then that's good. And it doesn't have to be close to the carbs. The fuelpressure needs to be high enough to deliver the juice to the front of the car, and low enough not to push the float-valve open when the float is full.
              With an injected engine the fuelpressure needs to be stable at all times so that's why the reg is near the injectors.

Don't have a Dell'Orto book GJ, but take floatcover off and locate the float-valve. On a Weber it is screwed to the cover, a Dell'Orto should be much the same. Take it out, put it in white spirit or so clean it and put it back.
              If that doesn't cure it it probably will be a dirty starterjet.

Thanks for book, arrived safely. Leon.

Comment

• Gra, that is looking the b*llocks now

Comment

• Originally posted by Miniliteman View Post
                  Thanks for book, arrived safely. Leon.

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• Yeah thanks for the book Gra, and letting Bodie run riot in your garden
                    Cars looking superb. Tina likes yours and doesnt like mine
                    Seriously nice, and will love to see it having its run out, good luck with mot (The handbrake wont pass with a brick helping it!)

Comment

• Originally posted by RStu View Post
                      Yeah thanks for the book Gra, and letting Bodie run riot in your garden
                      Cars looking superb. Tina likes yours and doesnt like mine
                      Seriously nice, and will love to see it having its run out, good luck with mot (The handbrake wont pass with a brick helping it!)

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

• got myself a nice secure door fitted today, as well as looking much nicer for the House it also provides far greater security with many trick features (im not going into detail here.........)

before

After

the wife doesnt know yet......... will be a surprise when she gets home

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C-Bxifv2Pk try this looks like a good system

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• The perfect door opener
                                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                                X