The RS2000 one you can see in this pic

how much are they going for

Comment

• Are they original aswell

Comment

• Originally posted by oldskooljoe View Post
              The RS2000 one you can see in this pic

how much are they going for
              They were selling them at National Day for £3 Still available from the club
              Cheers

Comment

• hasn't this been finished yet.......47 pages and still no outside shots????????

Come one GJ what has been taking you so long?
                Life is Racing......
                sigpic
                everything else is just waiting

...or buftying.

Comment

• Originally posted by oldskooljoe View Post
                  Are they original aswell

the ones you can see in the resto section are all original and genuine (the RSOC used them to reproduce the copies), hence why they are behind thick perspex for protection.

the Roger clark ones, seen in some pics, are complete "one offs" and very nice, will try and post some pics up of the posters,

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• bloody hell gra mate, has it really been nearly 4 yrs since they swapped garages, looks like you are doing a pukka job on her... can't wait to see her completeed mate..
                    spk soon,
                    Andrew

Comment

• come on i wanted to see it this weekend where were you GJ
                      Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• Originally posted by anddon View Post
                        bloody hell gra mate, has it really been nearly 4 yrs since they swapped garages, looks like you are doing a pukka job on her... can't wait to see her completeed mate..
                        spk soon,
                        Andrew
                        pop up one day and have a look,

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• many thanks to Dave custom for his help and guidance last night, VERY much appreciated Dave, spot on.

i started the day by doing all the small fiddly jobs, the odd wire here, tighten the odd bolt there, etc things that i could not do while the car was on stands, however it is now on its wheels and the car is setting down, so to speak.

Ref engine, it has not run for four years therefore i left this bit till last. thanks to help from Biker123 (who visits here) we double checked the timing alignment etc earlier in the week.
                          Yesterday, i wanted to turn the engine over (but not start it) therefore it was on with the filter (yes, i filled the filter with oil first), then in with the Dizzy, and , bearing in mind the wiring has all been re-done and at this point i did not know if there would be any "electrical issues", it was a tense moment that i hit the starter button.

anyway, despite trying, i could not register oil pressure on the gauge, therefore took the cam cover off and turned it over, but nothing coming from the spray bar . Bollocks.

i tried again for a few times (the cam was well lubed prior to this excercise), but nothing.

A call to Custom was needed, and Dave asked did i have a long 6mm Allen / Hex bolt (Yes), did i have a variable speed Drill (Yes) and did i have an extension socket (yes),

anyway, after some turning of the oil pump via the allen extension and drill, my spray bar Ejaculated the liquid gold all over the cam

note the length of the Drive key for the oil/distributor and the extended Allen key (6mm) which i simply cut the end off (the 90 degree bit)

done the job a treat.

with oil pressure done, i could then crack on with loads of other things, plugs in, dizzy set, cam cover on, throttle cables, spanner check, etc etc

nearly there, did not have any petrol, however just off down to get some and hopefully......................

once again, many thanks Dave

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• come on get her started son
                            Lord Lucan

Rather push a Ford than Drive a Vauxhall

RSOC Member: 25467

My Car in the V/garage

Comment

• nice one G, hope it all goes A OK
                              Would love to see the black beastie coming sideways around my street corner
                              Or on a shakedown down llandow track

Comment

• any fuel in it yet ? got a spark ?? want me to come up and check your wiring ???

Comment

Working...
                                X