• chop,chop then.
    Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

• Originally posted by Frosticles View Post
      chop,chop then.

i am, I am.................

cheeRS
      Last edited by graham John; 14-11-2007, 19:37. Reason: rsendout distracted me.......................
      sigpic

Comment

• yeah .......

Comment

• managed to hook up the clutch, speedo cables today, had to wrap the cables in fire resistant material though as they pass uncomfortably close to the exhaust manifold,

also bought some bottom hoses off Burtons (further to my "Wanted - bottom hose " thread) and it fitted very well, definately recommended (bought two, one as a spare) and whilst not genuine original, will do the job for me

pic below shows Motorcraft one (top) and the burton one beneath, excellent fit

also bought a Strut brace from PLR, which will be fitted tonight hopefully

oh well, time to get the diff out for the rebuild of the new LSD..............

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

• getting there,gonna be a beastie when its all finished.
            sigpic

Comment

• got the Diff out last night, an absolute Pig !!

half shaft studs were "rounded", eventually got them out, Half shafts were firmly stuck, despite having a very heavy and effective Slide hammer they took some shifting, - eventually they relented

Next, the Diff itself (well, the "carrier") usual bollocks with the nuts being rounded and full of crap, but after a while................

Diff now ready to go off for the build of the Tran x LSD, howver what was interesting was the collection of Bits of metal i found in the diff casing - it was like a miniture scrapyard in there, not sure what all the bits were off, but i think the Diff was on its last legs,

will get some pics up ,

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
                got the Diff out last night, an absolute Pig !!

howver what was interesting was the collection of Bits of metal i found in the diff casing - it was like a miniture scrapyard in there, not sure what all the bits were off, but have made a nice sculpture from the bits

heres a pic
                cheeRS

Comment

• very good,

tongue is a bit long though............

cheeRS
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
                    very good,

tongue is a bit long though............

cheeRS
                    never bloody satisfied eh ? !!!!!!

Comment

• picture of the offending item....................................

along with the "bits" found in the axle casing, looks like a giraffe's testicle !!!

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

• is that one of those active diffs they use today ? wondering where do all those wires go ?

Comment

• had my fuel tank altered earlier this week, it now has JIC ends as opposed to 'Spigot ends's'

The work was done by the original tank manufacturer and the work quality is excellent, well happy with that.

whilst out and about yesterday, came across these, and could not resist (A man can never have Too many tyres ). Used to use TB15's a lot on the tarmac years ago, however these are PB's, - just in case it rains - and one of the best wet tyres around

i must clean the utility room floor before the other half gets home........

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• looking good graham, just in case it rains you said....them tyres will be on all the time then if next years the same as this wet year

tank looks good as well
                            MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

• tank look good m8,getting there
                              sigpic

Comment

• Dont you dare scratch those wheels when those tyres go on.. I will be looking.
                                Autumn Has Arrived by Kevin Frost, on Flickr

CHES'S UNDERSTUDY...........

Comment

Working...
                                X