No announcement yet.

The Black Beauty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tidied up the engine bay a bit more - especially the wiring, its coming along

will see a big difference when i get the G'Box in, as then the head can go on, then the rad, and so much more

cheeRS
    sigpic

Comment

• Looking good there ..keep it going mate
      sigpic

Comment

• getting there now GJ.......
        Too old of a cat 🐱 to be f--ked by a kitten

Comment

• coming along nicely but....... should your drivers side bulkhead to chassis stiffener not have a curved shape cut into it to allow your manifold to pass between it and the steering column? looking at the size of your manifold it could be a tight squeeze.
          (just an observation, cracking job your doing )
          😯

Comment

• like so................
            😯

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark M View Post
              coming along nicely but....... should your drivers side bulkhead to chassis stiffener not have a curved shape cut into it to allow your manifold to pass between it and the steering column? looking at the size of your manifold it could be a tight squeeze.
              (just an observation, cracking job your doing )
              amazingly, it all fits rather well, although i was anticipating the problem also, will post up a pic later,

cheeRS
              sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Excellent work graham, by far the best part of a restoration putting her together , enjoy

DPP 300T, rings a bell from early 90's , Was it featured in rallye news?
                  Regards Charlie
                  CWC Restorations
                  Boldon Colliery Industrial Estate
                  Sunderland
                  M 07984 888010
                  L 0191 4478201

cwcrestorations@btinternet.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlie Chisholm View Post
                    Excellent work graham, by far the best part of a restoration putting her together , enjoy

DPP 300T, rings a bell from early 90's , Was it featured in rallye news?
                    Hi charlie, yes it was featured in RN a couple of times, paul grinder put a pic up recently, it is also in Waltons book "RS the faster fords" and was also seen around a few track days before they were fashionable (in the early 80;s) - quite a few people have asked me if it was featured

cheeRS
                    sigpic

Comment

• looks good MR G...
                      sigpiccheeRS paul

Comment

• Originally posted by RS2000&MEXICO View Post
                        looks good MR G...

would look better with the engine from your blue stripe

cheeRS
                        sigpic

Comment

• despite huge "frustrations" with my new gearbox, today it was up bright and early to aim to get it in at last - not an easy job when you are doing it on your own, in a small garage with the car on axle stands !

I jacked the car as high as i (safely) dared, and then dropped the WCXM by an inch (hence the longer WCXM bolts fitted in the earlier thread) to assist in clearance, Whilst i was at it, thought id best fit a complete new clutch (CheeRS HaLLY) although the original was OK to be honest

Anyway, to cut a long story short, i lay on my back, slid the box / bellhousing onto my chest, and between a combination of knee / arm strength lifted it up and into position, and first time of offering it popped in nicely - however it would not quite slot home but i managed to hand tighten a couple of bolts from engine to gearbox and this brought it home.

pretty knackering stuff, however the "box" is now firmly in place and bolted up, this means i can now do so much more, the head, then exhaust, cables, rad, etc etc,

also managed to tidy up the engine bay a little more, its getting there slowly but surely

more pics later................

cheeRS
                          sigpic

Comment

• above pic was two years ago, may 2005 when the car was being stripped, therefore quite happy with the work done below, although this will be even better over the next few days as things get added,

cheeRS
                            sigpic

Comment

• comin on then - a small flicker of light at the end of the tunnel !

Comment

• Originally posted by grum View Post
                                comin on then - a small flicker of light at the end of the tunnel !
                                Yes, only this morning a neighbour commented that it is light at the end of the tunnel, though i did say sometimes it feels like its the headlight of a ****ing express train approaching at great speed, however, we are getting there,

Grum quite happy if you want to come up and paint its portrait !

cheeRS
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X