Dustydog's ongoing project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dustydog's ongoing project

Mark needs advice as to what to do with his recently bought, bog standard, freshly rebuilt 1100 Popular.

This poll is to see which way he goes....

Some pics are below as to how it was when he bought it, but he is keen for any advice you have.

As said, the 1100 pop has recently been bought as standard.....here are the pics:

Mark has changed the wheels for 4 spoke revolutions, but after some persuasion has re-painted them from blue to black which now look a lot better. He has also fitted spot lights.

The steering wheel has been replaced from standard to an RS and he is considering a 1600 engine. ( He has already got a bid on for a 4 branch manifold). The mudflaps have already been fitted by himself.

Would you lot mind taking part in the poll to say which mods would suit the car as he can't make his mind up. Thanks in anticipation.

1. Mudflaps
    2. 1600 Engine
    3. Steering wheel.
    4. Revolutions instead of steel wheels ?
    5. Spot lights.
    6. None of the above, keep it bog standard.
    Mudflaps
    0%
    New 1600 engine
    0%
    Steering wheel
    0%
    New revolution wheels
    0%
    Spot lights
    0%
    None of the above
    0%

My cars in the VbGarage

looks good as is, don't do any mods that can't be bolted off to go back to originalish spec, too nice to feck about with

Comment

Mark, at the end of the day you really want to modify this absolute peach of a standard car, then this car is the wrong one for you and you should sell it!.........................then go out and buy one that is already modded or crying out to be modded.

All the best with the poll mate!

Comment

cant beat a nice set of flaps.

Like the big T said, only do bolt on items.
        Is the 1.1 engine the original lump?

my_car_in_the_vBGarage

Comment

Mark,

It's such a lovely car. Keep it standard. I know you worry it hasn't got masses of power, but thats not everything. People will admire it for its genuine original look. The Poll results speak for themselves.

Dave Raver
          Regards - Dave

www.northwalesclassicfords.co.uk

Comment

Car update

Car update

Engine and gear box removed today also bumpers and seats.
            replacement seats and engine to be fitted 1.6 cross flow.
            New black bumpers ordered (quarter for front)
            new anti tramp bars being welded on as i write this.
            Used RS boot spoiler located today need to call at Ians to check on fitting also 1.6 sport decals ordered.
            New clocks with rev counter is my next job+ new exhaust and front brakes/suspention.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice one Mark....you are busy

My cars in the VbGarage

Comment

Working...
              X