No announcement yet.

Mexico rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that much visible progress and it has all slowed down now as it is the technical bits of wiring and plumbing now being done.

Ran a check of the wiring so far over the weekend and the underbonnet and rear looms are spot on with no problems (apart from 2 blown builbs!). Didn't get aqs much done as I had hoped for two reasons:

1. It pee'd down
    2. I've got a lousy cold

All the glass is in now, the non laminated having been safety filmed as per Blue Book. The windscreen is new, I've gone for a heated one for safety reasons.

Steering wheel has got to go and this will be fitted in its place

The closures are now fitted

and I've made up a couple of these for myself and a friend

Richard
    sigpic

Comment

looking good cant wait to see her getting its neck wrung

Comment

Originally posted by Mex 1t View Post
        looking good cant wait to see her getting its neck wrung
        2 blue mexico out in C2 next year

Comment

wot a beaty,dont drive her too hard.!

Comment

What a transformation!........lovely job.

Comment

Very small cup holders??
              Cheers
              CHRiS

Comment

That looks great

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

looks good mate alot work has went in to it but am sure it be worth it .
                  dav

Comment

Originally posted by Oldbloke View Post

Very small cup holders??
                    Mount for the trip/speedo sensor so that it can read the bolts that hold the disc to the front hub.

It now looks pretty much ready to go but there is still some time to be spent;

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    2 blue mexico out in C2 next year
                    On one event at least when my wallet recovers from the build cost and I've had a chance to shake her down. Must consider the Lakes as well. Should be runinng before Christmas.

I've got a very busy month this month marshalling (Safety radio actually) on events, Sculthorpe this Saturday, RAC a week later (Sunday) and Clipstone the Saturday after that. This is followed by Rockingham on the first weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in December!
                    Richard
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rallyman72 View Post
                      Mount for the trip/speedo sensor so that it can read the bolts that hold the disc to the front hub.

It now looks pretty much ready to go but there is still some time to be spent;

On one event at least when my wallet recovers from the build cost and I've had a chance to shake her down. Must consider the Lakes as well. Should be runinng before Christmas.

I've got a very busy month this month marshalling (Safety radio actually) on events, Sculthorpe this Saturday, RAC a week later (Sunday) and Clipstone the Saturday after that. This is followed by Rockingham on the first weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in December!
                      your car looks very well i cant wait to see it in the flesh ,i know all about my wallet being bashed i feel the best way to tackle it m8 is too pay up and look big lol then never check your bank account
                      i hope to see you on a few rounds next year giving it plenty any help if needed gladly given

Comment

Richard the gravel sprint at Haye park would give the car a good shakedown.
                        It's at the end of January on one of the smoothest gravel stages there is.

Ideal for getting used to the car, although some of the runs are timed there's no real pressure & you get a bit of time between runs for tinkering & making adjusments.

There are usually one or two forum members at the event too, so plenty of banter & pizz taking, but also willing to muck in & lend a hand should the need arise.
                        Mark....

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post

Ideal for getting used to the car, although some of the runs are timed there's no real pressure & you get a bit of time between runs for tinkering & making adjusments.

There are usually one or two forum members at the event too, so plenty of banter & pizz taking, but also willing to muck in & lend a hand should the need arise.
                          yes would be a real good test no nav required and we always make a bee line for this one nice easy start to the year

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicomark View Post

Now that sounds like a good idea - might or might not make it but it is something to aim at
                            Richard
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X