No announcement yet.

167AWO Re-shell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few more pictures of the progress so far.

http://www.jt-motorsport.co.uk

Comment

Absolute work of art!
      sigpic

Comment

Just goooorgeeooous

Comment

superb work and looking great
          MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

looks well nice

Comment

Almost ready to start winning again!
              First life of that (1300 Auto) shell ended in a Somerset breakers after the front end was largely destroyed by a side impact. I won't tell you how much I paid for 2 brand new RS inner wings - the tears would flood the forum (alright then - some change from £250 for the pair...). Cut to bare front chassis rails, straightened with a baulk of timber bolted on and new inner wings aligned using the plumb line and chalk crosses on the floor method. Having now been introduced to Shaun O'Gorman (on the Mid Wales recently), my first first question was whether he found the alignment was OK - it was.
              Then a long list of class wins and placings in the 1400-2000cc Roadgoing class in hill climbs and sprints from Valence School in Kent to Llys-y-Fran Dam in Pembrokeshire and from Lee-on-Solent Airfield in Hampshire to Harewood Hill in Yorkshire.
              If you'd seen the video of me brazing the original rusted rear arches, fitting a std repair section, you'd realise why it needs big tubs now!

Heading for a class win at Valence on first ever visit (photo by Roy Dawson):
              Attached Files

Comment

It had a Hot Rod oval track tank to combat surge. The MSA winge on about refuelling restrictions on rallies these days but still allow hillclimb competitors from saloons to large engined single seaters to measure out fuel in jugs in the paddock as spectators look on smoking...
                Attached Files

Comment

I'd complicated their efforts by cutting off the bonnet hinge mounting brackets when on a lightening spree. Losing them then caused the bonnet to bulge when flat out on Lavant Straight at Goodwood...
                  Attached Files

Comment

very nice work there
                    sigpic

Too old of a to be F**ked by kittens

RS MK2 CLUB NO/10

RSOC NO/22171

Comment

Well this is the finished article. Got it done just in time for the Woodpecker Stages.

http://www.jt-motorsport.co.uk

Comment

looking very nice some nice parts on that,will must nearly have a dream garage now just needs a mk1 in there

Comment

Stunning

CheeRS
                          Martin

Comment

It was never rallied when I had it - the dents in the chassis rails visible in one of those photos are from getting it on the trailer in muddy/grassy paddocks like Wiscombe Park when in low ride height hillclimb/sprint spec.

Comment

superb Will
                              MK2 member 091, RSOC member 2675, RS18 No 001, HRE7724 /50

My Car in the VbGarage and in My Album

Comment

Working...
                              X