No announcement yet.

Mk2 R s2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice looking stuff ! Unfortunately i'm still welding my heap but there is light at the end of the tunnel !!!

Comment

• Cheers.
      Are you the chap that used to own XGT 111T?

Comment

• I am indeed, my brother rallied it when it was a white droopsnoot and i then re-shelled it into a blue flat front and used it for 4-5 years, loved that old car, not the quickest thing in the world but highly driveable and you could get it at any angle !!

Comment

• Here's an old pic of xtg 111t with a young looking Nigel the Sheriff Nelson on the maps !
          Attached Files

Comment

• Ahh I remeber that car. Leukemia rally in 1999/2000?

Comment

• I just looked at a pic from the Leuk Road Rally 1999, we won that event, i remember getting to the finish and Nigel said we'd cleaned the whole route ! then i realised if we'd cleaned it all, i was sure a few others would have, later on i think 4 crews shared the win !!! I believe the car is down west wales (lampeter poss ) but i've never seen it out since i sold it, cheers Chris.

Comment

• Hope to see it back out..

Updat efrom tonight.

Made a base for the fuel pump mount to bolt onto..
                Attached Files

Comment

• Some great work going on there

“The great thing about the sierra is, it has all the mechanical simplicity of a knife and fork” Quentin Willson

Comment

• Cheers Mate.

;atest update.

I made a Oil filter head mount, so it mounts onto inner wing neatly.

I also fitted these bonnet lifters, which is a nice touch, as you dont have to prop it up any more...
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Those bonnet struts look a great idea, nice one.

Comment

• Thought i d update this thread with some pics.

My Bro did the Cilwendig rally a few weeks ago, and finished 12O/A really pleased.

I put the engine and box back in my car again to see how far out the gearbox XM was, and its pretty good, got to do some final tweaks here and there.
                        Dummy fitted the front spoiler as i had to cut slots out of front panel
                        Attached Files

Comment

• New update from last night.
                          Made a little bracket to hold the breather tank, and sits nicely next to the dry sump tank.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• New update got a prop and clutch, so I got to make a mount for the centre bearing to bolt onto next
                            Attached Files

Comment

• starting to take shape,hope your garage is warm,started the mex today couldnt feel my fingers after 2 mins,any time table to complete? looking good.
                              we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Cheers.

Yes it is freezing today. my hands were dead... i want to get it sprayed in the spring. once thats done i can do the nice part and bolt things on it. so may be finished by the end of next year...

Comment

Working...
                                X