• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tooooo much rim, get some 205's on it, thats whats on my 8" wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by taffr View Post
      tooooo much rim, get some 205's on it, thats whats on my 8" wheels
      you got a decent pic of your 205s that on the rothmans?? theres a lot of tyre on the rothmans if i can remember as it didnt hurt as much when you drove over my foot at combe lol

been thinkiing of painting the wheels blue and copy this livery:

sigpic

Comment

• any good ? club foot...........................

Comment

• Comment

• hi

hey mate was looking at ur pics there cracking job u have done this will be good to see when u finshed .liked the we models if some of wee fords there. keep up the good work mate ..............
            dav

Comment

• the roger clark livery was my first idea, plenty of time to decide on the striping

been in to work this morning to do a few hours, i've cut about 2inches of the wings and then used a hammer & dolly to fold a lip all the way round so no sharp edges. bonded the fibreglass arches on and riveted them on, gave them a coat of primer then top coat also done the same to the rear fibreglass arches, gonna go in tom and bond/rivet the the rears and weld on the front wings once the wings are on i can fix on the front lower skirt, think i might fit the doors temporary before i commit the wings to welding.

also sprayed the cage diamond white, that was a swine of a job first time ive sprayed anything, not the easiest but its looking ok, was getting cold when i did the front half of the cage so got a few runs in it but most of the front bit is going satin black anyways.

tried the wheel up against the car to see how it looks, also tried some blue sticky vinyl on he wheel!

taffr: your tyres look like 205 60, still too much rubber want something like a 205 45/50.

Chris

sigpic

Comment

• Not sure about the blue , silver looks spot-on to me.

Comment

• Another busy morning on the car, got the wings all welded on, what a sod of a job that was, thought they were gonna go on easy but nope, the n/s wing with the recess had been fitted before although a pattern wing it was in all shapes, so gonna need some tidying up to make it look right along the door edge, neither of the wings would line up ok with the front panel, had to resort to tack welding them on along the seam so that'll need tidying up to make it look good still a bit of a gap so will use some bond/seal on some of them.

when i fitted the arches to the wings the o/s one was about 3/4" longer than the n/s for some reason so hangs down below the wing so need to extend it one side so it meets with the front skirt, thats another issue to sort the skirt - that dont sit properly on the outer corners, so got loads of more work to get it looking right, want to make it look like the original rs kit where the front skirt overlaps the arches.

thought i was finally getting closer to finishing but the list keeps on getting longer

Chris

sigpic

Comment

• nearly there Chris looking great
                    Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

• another productive week chris, give it some more this week, i'll be down on friday for an inspection, deb's and i will require a brew, any news on a date for painting the outside ??

Comment

• yeah gonna have a good crack on it this week gonna try and get all the four arches on and smoothed, and prob get the cage in also to get it out the way, gonna be some late nights.

yeah i'll get the kettle on

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• nice work buddy,will be a real nice car,take your time and get it right first time,really impressed by this build nice one
                          we,re here for a good time-not for a long time!

Comment

• Been busy again, been the last week getting the front panel and skirt to look right, took ages to get the front panel to look straight, and also make the the joint between the wings and panels to look even had to fibreglased the gap then fill it and then shape it to make it look original.

i fibreglassed and filled the holes to make the arches look smooth and also got rid of the bumper indents as theyre not needed, lot of work to get them look and feel smooth still not 100% but once its had a thick coat of primer and a good rub down it should be ok

bonded the front skirt on and used screws to temporarily fix it on until it cured gonna remove the screws and then smooth over the holes might put bolts back in when its all painted, joined the corners to the arches with fibreglass and then set about shaping the joins to make them look like the original x pack rs arches, not keen on the arches being smoothed together so thought i'd do it a bit different, turned out ok - hope you like? 8) may even add the two fixings on both corners to make it look even more original

next on the list is to get the rear arches bonded and riveted and then smooth over the holes as on the front.

ordered me fibreglass bonnet this week from m-99 so hope to get that in time ready for painting the exterior over christmas.

Chris

sigpic

Comment

• wow, amazing!!!!!! well done chris, you have some patients

Comment

• Originally posted by taffr View Post
                                wow, amazing!!!!!! well done chris, you have some patients
                                too sodding much patience lol, i dont tend to make things easy for myself lol

Chris
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X