No announcement yet.

Mk1 Fiesta Zetec - Project Welsh & Proud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mate came down this morning to give the underside some paint, he gave it a primer let that go of for a bit then a few coats of diamond white, completley transforms the car, not gonna win any awards but nobodies gonna see underneath, so many awkward areas to get at may have to brush in some of the awkward places, see how it looks in the morning.

didnt bother with the stone chip primer, i started to use it and it looked crap so took it off, hence using straight primer.

gonna make some stands this week so the car can sit on a frame on wheels so i can start working on the inside, unbolt the cage get that ready for paint and get all the interior sorted, trying to get things sorted so i can get the outside of the car painted over christmas when i'm off on hols.

Chris

sigpic

Comment

looks Good Chris,

cheeRS
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by graham John View Post
        looks Good Chris,

cheeRS

Ta u recognise the painter? used to drive an RS500

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WelshRS View Post
          Ta u recognise the painter? used to drive an RS500

Chris
          yep straight away, although he has now defected to Renault

cheeRS
          sigpic

Comment

looking great chris keep at it matey
            Difficult roads often lead to beautiful places

Comment

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

Looking good

CheeRS
                Martin

Comment

nice one chris, looks wicked, show the lads what you did on nicole and papa's renault for the rally

Comment

After having a break from working on the car for a week or two, i've been back at it working on the interior, been fibreglassing and filling the repairs, not being too fussy as most of it is gonna be hidden by the seats and footrests, want to get the interior in primer as quick as i can so i can get cracking on the outside

ordered my vertical hydraulic handbrake yesterday so need to make a mount for that when it comes, gonna buy a corbeau bucket seat/mounts next week so i can get the brackets welded onto the seat rails

Chris

sigpic

Comment

• paint before christmas, Chris ?

cheeRS
                      sigpic

Comment

• Brilliant Thread This.........thoroughly enjoying the pics and write up, learning lots too.

Cant wait to see the finished article!
                        Regards - Dave

www.northwalesclassicfords.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by graham John View Post
                          paint before christmas, Chris ?

cheeRS
                          i cant see the outside being ready but the inside and four arch wells should be ready for paint between xmas and new year fingers crossed.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• looking good son, i'll be down at the weekend for a tour, about time you bought that rear beam and got it on its wheels

Comment

• nah, seat first butt, gonna go for a trip to see peter lloyd in the next week or two.

gonna be busy tom and all week to get it looking pretty for when you come down to inspect lol

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• A little bit more in the way of progess, the interior was planned for being sprayed this weekend but its taken me longer than i thought to rub down the interior the roof was a pain in the neck literally lol, bought a bucket seat and that didnt turn up til yesterday so only today i could get the brackets welded on to the seat rails, now thats sorted.

Theres not much left to do apart from a bit of etch primer and then onto the seam sealing again and its all sorted ready for paint the weekend after next, i also want to try and get the four inner arches painted and the 2x wings/arch extensions after the insides done i can weld on the wings and bond the arches on and start getting the exterior ready.

one step closer to the lakes

Chris

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X